Let's do this! 2019-20 ski thread

cabezon

Sculpin Enterprises
WFF Supporter
Been obsessed with the camera thing. Pretty much now have the set up I want.

Got a cool pack to carry it as well.

Hi Swimmy,
Thanks for sharing the Atlas pack. That looks like a great pack for an outdoor photographer: lots of secure space for camera gear and a large rucksack compartment for clothes, etc. On my wish list for summer trip to Central America.
Steve

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy qwiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
WFF Supporter
Got a cool pack to carry it as well.

Hi Swimmy,
Thanks for sharing the Atlas pack. That looks like a great pack for an outdoor photographer: lots of secure space for camera gear and a large rucksack compartment for clothes, etc. On my wish list for summer trip to Central America.
Steve
That Atlas photo bag is a very nice. I noticed these when I purchased the Hazzard 4 Evac Plan B-17 ambidextrous tactical sling to use for fishing (on an Amazon clearance site for 60% off).
I don't know whether their slings bag will comfortably carry the weight of your DSLR kit with a 500mm lens, but H4 claims they will comfortably carry assault carbines & ammo and it certainly carries my fishing gear more comfortably with greater stability than my 15 liter Patagonia sling.

In addition to slings they also make photo backpacks but mention the sling bags can act as an improvised bench support for shooting photos when the bag is slung around to the front, which I have not yet tried.

One of the notable advantages of these tactical bags is the incredible versatility the MOLLE webbing provides.

Swimmy

I have an amazing collection of fishing shirts
WFF Supporter
Skied the North Face in the am. Snow was great. Nice and chalky.

After noon we headed up and over the mtn to ski a SE face. Snow was still dry and skied fast.

I also got to try out my pack. Love it but carrying around the big lens is bulky and kind of a pain in the ass. Will only want to bring that out on special days.

Swimmy

I have an amazing collection of fishing shirts
WFF Supporter
I mentioned several weeks ago about how shitty our snowpack has been this year. The amount and size of avalanches we've had this year is unlike anything I've ever seen. Check this out. About as big as it gets in our region.

Obviously it has really limited terrain options in the backcountry.

bk paige

Wishin I was on the Sauk
Some of the trams in Europe are mind boggling The Agiule Di Midi for one, just how in the hell did they build that?

Snopro

Enthusiasts and professionals, absolutely. But I watched something on you tube the other day about the decline of the consumer camera and how smart phones have completely changed the industry.
Smart phones have killed off point and shoots for sure. With my DSLR comment I was joking about how mirrorless cameras seem to have taken over the enthusiast/pro market and industry R&D.

My biggest issue with dslr's was always carrying the gear. It is bulky, kind of heavy, and always seem to be in the way. But the backpack is a game changer.
I was having the same thoughts. Decided on mirrorless with a crop sensor to save weight and for the smaller form factor. I thought, if it's easier to carry I might bring it along more frequently. I've been enjoying the shots everyone has been posting. Looking forward to getting out and contributing to this thread with some maritime snowpack shots.

Anyway, as with skiing and fly fishing, I think photography is another "archer not the arrow" endeavor.

rotato

Man, Montana is having a juicy snow year.
i was hoping to do a Tahoe spring ski and small creek trip this April but snow pack is meager.
maybe I should head east

rotato

If you do decide to head this way, hit me up. Be happy to spin some laps. I also have half off passes to Big Sky.

Rad!
thanks
i haven’t been to Big Sky since the summer that mt St. Helens blew
sheesh time flies

fresh tracks to all

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts