Let's do this! 2019-20 ski thread

Steve Kokita

FISHON206
I skied for 35 years....kicked ass in the moguls! But now I’m realizing it was the moguls that really kicked my ass! You play...you pay! I haven’t skied for 25 years now....I sure miss it but now I don’t care for winter....come on spring!!
But this is WFF, not skiing Swimmy!

bk paige

Wishin I was on the Sauk
Fishing and skiing has ruled my life, one had more sway over the other at different times of my life. First it was fishing, then skiing and then fishing again. But with the shity winter steelhead fishing I'm heading back to skiing again. At one time I was a professional skier instructor, was a nationaly ranked freestyle skier, then a fly fishing guide. There is nothing like first turns on 2' of dry powder, but there is nothing like a hot 14# winter hen tearing the river up either!

Greg Armstrong

I'm aghast. Grew up alpine and cross country skiing. Tried tele skiing at 27 for the first time. Sold my alpine gear within days. It's been free heel ever since. I started getting alot of grief from everybody about my leather boots so made the switch to plastic a few years back. Glad I did ,for alot of reasons but do miss the purity of my leather set up.
Nope...when I cant tele anymore stick a fork in me...I'm done.
Snowshoes!!!
I used to downhill and x-country all winter until I couldn't (back injury). Then I discovered snowshoes.

They help me get through the winters...

Reactions: Hem

Speyrod GB

Winter has settled in to SW Montana so it is time again to dust off the boards.
Judging by the looks of your garage, I really doubt there is any dust on those boards. :D Skiing always got in the way of winter steelhead season. I did have a good time going when I did. I was an excellent crash skier on the solid packed slopes of WA.

Enjoy the ski season.

Young Engh

Trying out the Ikon pass this year. Very stoked! Definitely need to upgrade from my 10-year old snowboard though. I’ve spent all my recreation money on fly rods over the past couple of years.

Chucker

Chucking a dead parrot on a piece of string!
I like fishing and I like skiing! But I just can’t winter fish any more because of bad circulation in my hands. My fingers go numb and then when I get a hit I can’t hook the thing :(
Skiing is active enough, and I can wear thick enough gloves, that it’s not a huge problem, so skiing is what I do in the winter.

Swimmy

I have an amazing collection of fishing shirts
Ever wonder who draws the maps they give you at the resort?

Dude's name is James Niehues and he has released a book with all of his maps from every resort in N America. If anyone is looking to get a gift for a skier/rider this book is awesome.

And yeah, Big Sky made the cover

Swimmy

Sad, ...
Used to be able to afford to ski at Big Sky.
Even though Big Sky keeps raising prices they continue to set records with ticket sales.

But I agree, the cost of a day ticket is silly.

Hem

Even though Big Sky keeps raising prices they continue to set records with ticket sales.

But I agree, the cost of a day ticket is silly.
Yes, Big Sky has been creeping up the ranks for years. It's an awesome resort.
Simply cant drop $400-$500 for a day of skiing.

Swimmy

Yes, Big Sky has been creeping up the ranks for years. It's an awesome resort.
Simply cant drop $400-$500 for a day of skiing.
If you ever want to get out, I have a hook-up and can either get free or discounted passes.

WildBrookie

First day getting out there for me this weekend. The snow looked and felt great but the sharks were lurking so didn’t stick around long.
55AF4672-DB29-45DA-91E7-F481B4FC7455.jpeg

Last edited:

Swimmy

Ready for more Bomb Cyclones please.

But in the meantime, I'll go ahead and binge on some ski mountaineering vids

Latest posts