NFR Where did they go?

Admittedly, I don't follow the forum daily, but have have wondered about members that I haven't seen in a while. Some of them don't appear on the member's list anymore. Two I was thinking about today are Trapper and Freestone. I really liked Trapper's posts on his experiences in the backcountry. Anyone know where these folks have gone?

Old Man

Just an Old Man
As long as I have been on here I've seen a lot of members come and go. They probably moved away or have a life other than here. Or just drifted away.

MT_Flyfisher

I, too, miss both of them on here.

I read on here awhile back why Trapper is no longer here, but what about Freestone? Perhaps she went night fishing again on Old Man’s behalf and hasn’t been seen ever since?

Yard Sale

Huge Member
Seems like trolling has gone from despicable to acceptable recently around here.

Maybe I’m just spending too much time in the Seahawks thread. :rolleyes:

jasmillo

Forums are kind of the old malls of the internet. Or maybe they are the new malls of the internet...does anybody shop at malls anymore?

Anyway, I think a lot of people are probably spending their internet time on newer, “hotter” applications like Instagram...or, well whatever is out there. I personally don’t know because my social media is WFF and hitting the accept button when someone I know wants to join my LinkedIn network. That is the extent of my activity on social media.

I like the small community that is WFF. Keeps a lot of the content directed at fly fishing in the west which is nice, especially in the sub forums.

As far as trolling. I really try hard not to do it but slip up once in a while. I have also certainly been trolled myself on here. People take sh*t so seriously sometimes that it can be tough not to give them at least an itsy bitsy poke. All in good fun.

Seems like trolling has gone from despicable to acceptable recently around here.

Maybe I’m just spending too much time in the Seahawks thread. :rolleyes:
Don't understand how my question was a troll. You seem to be implying that I knew the answer to the question and only wanted to stir the pot. Don't need to waste my time, which makes me wonder why I bothered to respond to this.

ceviche

Honestly, the reasons for many departures are best left not talked aboot.
Gotta good point there. Best let sleeping dogs lie.

But, you know, I do get a little nostalgic about those days of the young lions (who’ve since grown a little “long in the tooth” these days) being a bit sassy with their digging up the biggest trout and even carp from the best and least know waters. MacRowdy (lost in Montana), Bhudda (still active!!!), nasty Backyard, “San Diego Mako” Brendan, and all those who started the Trout Bums flicks. Of course, OMJ is still the spiritual Godfather of those heady days.

Enough to make a man get dewy-eyed... I learned a hella lot from all them jokers.

Last edited:

Old Man

Just an Old Man
Gotta good point there. Best let sleeping dogs lie.

But, you know, I do get a little nostalgic about those days of the young lions (who’ve since grown a little “long in the tooth” these days) being a bit sassy with their digging up the biggest trout and even carp from the best and least know waters. MacRowdy (lost in Montana), Bhudda (still active!!!), nasty Backyard, “San Diego Mako” Brendan, and all those who started the Trout Bums flicks. Of course, OMJ is still the spiritual Godfather of those heady days.

Enough to make a man get dewy-eyed... I learned a hella lot from all them jokers.
Macrowdy is living and fishing in Idaho, not Montana. I've been on here since dirt and water was invented. I've seen many come and go. Some got married and are raising a family and probably don't have much time for fishing. Some went into the service and don't fish anymore. Some might have got their toes stepped on and are away pouting. Or some just quit.

You never know when I'll quit being here. Since I don't fish in the wind, rain, or snow anymore. I was giving it some thought on that. But this is my form of talking to other males. I live with all females. I'll get out again when the sun is warm on my back. Maybe in April or May.

Latest posts