Another UV light thread!

Adam Saarinen

Never been a fan of Loon UV resin because it dries tacky. But a few years ago i was in a flyshop that was closing down & had everything - 40% off! I jumped on this light. sketch-1575385524313.png A month or so ago it shit itself, bulb is stuffed. Really pissed me off because even at - 40% it still wasn't cheap! Laura buys all kinds of things direct from China, so i asked her to look for a UV light, she found this for only 6.95€. It came today. sketch-1575385542697.png sketch-1575385573238.png I put some resin on some paper & the light dried it really nice! If anyone here knows of a really good light on the cheap? I & other people would probably like to know & know where to be able to order it from. I wouldn't mind another one. Just not in any kind of mood to buy another UV light from any Company buying them from China & putting their brand name on it with a Zillion dollar mark up! Thank you! Adam

tkww

I have one of those uv light but ever since I bought that uv laser pointer (5mW I think) that's all I use. So much faster than the light.
And I like that they take AAAs (at least mine does) so I can use rechargeables and constantly have fresh batteries.

gt

why screw around?? visit HD and buy 4 tubes of super glue for much less than 'zap-a-gap' at the local fly shop. this is also the only 'cement' i have found to stand up in salt water use.

Snopro

why screw around?? visit HD and buy 4 tubes of super glue for much less than '' zap-a-gap" at the local fly shop. this is also the only 'cement' i have found to stand up in salt water use.
Super glue and zap-a-gap are cyanoacrylates.

UV resins can accomplish things cyanoacrylates can't.

Both have overlapping properties useful in fly tying but they excel at different things.

Nick Clayton

WFF Supporter
I read often about folks using these cheap lights and that they work just fine. My experience has been the complete opposite. I've never found a cheap light that worked for me.

Not saying they don't work, but I personally have never found one I'm happy with.

I've used a whole bunch of different lights and without a doubt my favorite is the Loon Infiniti light. Not cheap, but its rechargeable and has way more power than anything I've used

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts