Sage x 950 reel suggestions

Avidone1

I’ve been using a sage x 590 with a Ross animus 4/5 lined with rio perception It’s a great outfit but I want To “fine tune” it a little. I find it’s a little tip heavy so am thinking of switching to heavier reel or doing something to add a little weight to the butt.
If anyone is using a sage x 950 I’m curious as to what reel your using to get the best balance

Jakob B

Galvan T-5 in my opinion, smoothest and most aesthetic reel. Smooth, aesthetic, American made rod like the 590 X should have a similar counterpart as a reel. Not sure which area you're in but if you're in the greater Seattle area head in. to Creekside and they have many different brands of most of the best reels on the market right now in different price ranges. If you went in you could try out many different reels.

I will add the Animus is fantastic, great bang for your buck but is definitely a lighter reel which is likely why you feel a little tip heavy at the moment.

Jakob

camtheflyman

Not sponsored
I have switched to almost all hatch reels except an animas on an 8' 4 weight. I like the weight of the hatch reels and I've never had one fail

Avidone1

Galvan T-5 in my opinion, smoothest and most aesthetic reel. Smooth, aesthetic, American made rod like the 590 X should have a similar counterpart as a reel. Not sure which area you're in but if you're in the greater Seattle area head in. to Creekside and they have many different brands of most of the best reels on the market right now in different price ranges. If you went in you could try out many different reels.

I will add the Animus is fantastic, great bang for your buck but is definitely a lighter reel which is likely why you feel a little tip heavy at the moment.

Jakob
[/
I’ve been looking at the Galvan torque 5 bexause the weight seems perfect but I was hoping to spend a little less money.

Latest posts