Branson, Plus or Minus?

Brian White

Recovering Bugmeister
Not sure how much you are factoring in tax friendliness of your retirement option, but might be worth considering. As an example, Reno/Carson City area happens to be in Nevada, one of the most tax friendly retirement states. It does get cold but tends to be a dry cold....plenty of sunshine....and close to plenty of good fishing. You can also get to other western states quickly from there in case you want to road trip for trout, etc ;).

Old Man

A very Old Man
WFF Supporter
As to my post with the three dots ... I was going to write something on the day this thread was started. But the lights were off and I didn't want to use a flashlight to see to type with so I just deleted it and put in the dots.

I was going to say that I have relatives in Little Rock Ark. And that area is good for tornadoes. But it seems like you have to put up with bad weather no matter where you live. If it isn't too cold, it is too hot. If it's hot and dry some don't like it. That's me I guess.

jasmillo

WFF Supporter
I think there's a series on Netflix called "Ozark." I haven't seen it but my buddy told me that some of the effects of tourism are mentioned.
I’ve never been so not sure this is a true representation of the Ozark’s/Branson but it is a good show worth a watch. A couple of the characters fly fish and even tie in the first season albeit not all that realistically (per the usual for movies/tv).

Who knows though, maybe the show is is a good representation considering the crime stats you posted :).

Dean, good posts above to follow. Good airport selections with Springfield an hour away (Bass Pro) and Fayetteville is 1.5 hours away (Univ of Arkansas). Big Cedar Lodge is fun as well. I’ve travelled to Branson for work and enjoy the area. If you go, stop into Mr. G’s pizza and ask the locals about Branson. You’ll hear about the tourism being an issue but people are kind and helpful. Beautiful country down there.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

That said, WFF displays just a single ad regardless of the device, and that ad helps cover the server fees. The position and size of the ad has been set to minimize impact to your experience, negating the need for adblocking the site. Disable your AdBlocker / Whitelist WashingtonFlyFishing.com to continue using the site. Thanks.

I've Disabled AdBlock