How 'Bout Them Zags

IveofIone

WFF Supporter
Any bets on tonight's game with Arizona? I haven't seen anything from the Zags this year to indicate that they are the #6 team in the nation, the ranking seems based on reputation more than performance. Tonight's game along with the North Carolina game will determine whether they are the real thing or a paper tiger. They should however, win their conference easily but be be gone in either the 2nd or 3rd round of the NCAA.

Porter

Way to early in the season to predict teams ncaa tourney future. Come early March some teams will be night and day different from December.

One thing is the Zags are a consistent program and most likely will be in the dance.

Old406Kid

Any bets on tonight's game with Arizona? I haven't seen anything from the Zags this year to indicate that they are the #6 team in the nation, the ranking seems based on reputation more than performance. Tonight's game along with the North Carolina game will determine whether they are the real thing or a paper tiger. They should however, win their conference easily but be be gone in either the 2nd or 3rd round of the NCAA.
Win or lose, I'm glad to see them playing teams that aren't just a cakewalk.
I agree that their past reputation could influence the ranking.
Too bad your not here, we could slam down a few Coors Lights, have a DiGiornio pizza, and cheer them on together. :D :D :D

IveofIone

WFF Supporter
I'll be cheering them on for sure and hope they can win. I'm a little ahead of you on the pizza, I made as close as I can get to a Margherita in my oven today. I got the pizza stone up to 576 degrees and baked it in about 7 minutes. Perfect crust and washed it down with a couple of glasses of cab. Dessert to be served at halftime, wish you were here!

Krusty

Huge Erect Member
WFF Supporter
I'll be cheering them on for sure and hope they can win. I'm a little ahead of you on the pizza, I made as close as I can get to a Margherita in my oven today. I got the pizza stone up to 576 degrees and baked it in about 7 minutes. Perfect crust and washed it down with a couple of glasses of cab. Dessert to be served at halftime, wish you were here!
You'd really be livin' up if you tossed back a few PBR's whilst wolfin' down a Red Baron 'lips and assholes' sausage pizza.

Old406Kid

You'd really be livin' up if you tossed back a few PBR's whilst wolfin' down a Red Baron 'lips and assholes' sausage pizza.
He keeps hanging with us and he'll learn a whole new chapter of culinary delights.:)
An 81 year old virgin in so many ways. :D

Krusty

Huge Erect Member
WFF Supporter
He keeps hanging with us and he'll learn a whole new chapter of culinary delights.:)
An 81 year old virgin in so many ways. :D
Just had a worrisome thought; maybe his epicurean culinary habits are what enabled him to still be fishing at 81?

Nah...that's just crazy talk.

Last edited:

IveofIone

WFF Supporter
"Nah...that's just crazy talk. " ....and that from a guy that specializes in crazy talk! :D

The apple crisp just came out of the air fryer and the aroma of Vietnamese cinnamon is filtering through the house. At halftime it will be cool enough to add some vanilla bean ice cream and rinse it down with a glass of crisp Riesling. Enjoy that lite beer!

Old406Kid

Just had a worrisome thought; maybe his epicurean culinary habits are what enabled him to still be fishing at 81?

Nah...that's just crazy talk.
Healthy food or not, with all of his creations I'm pretty sure the guy must have a tapeworm.
Anymore, I can just look at food and for whatever reason gain weight.:(
My kudos to Ive.

Old406Kid

I don't know what Few says at the half but the Zags often come out energized and looking like a whole different team.
So far a great game!

obiwankanobi

I might need a few adult beverages tonight to calm down after that game. Sloppy play at the end made it closer than it should have been but a win is a win. UNC will be a fun game to watch and hopefully GU will have a few more players healthy for that game.

Old406Kid

I might need a few adult beverages tonight to calm down after that game. Sloppy play at the end made it closer than it should have been but a win is a win. UNC will be a fun game to watch and hopefully GU will have a few more players healthy for that game.
I agree, a dwindling 16 point lead was awfully hard on this 70 year old heart.

IveofIone

WFF Supporter
Everything that is wrong with the Prevent Defense in football was on display in that last 2 1/2 minutes! That 16 point lead went down like the Kingdome. Had Gonzaga lost that game "Zag It" would have become a new verb to go along with "Coug It".

They played awful at the beginning of the game and awful at the end but did enough in between to eke out the win. Defensively they can just choke another team and after this game another end of game meltdown is unlikely. A good win but a real heartstopper.

Last night's game reminded me of a little poem my grandmother told me when I was about 6 years old.

There was a little girl
That had a little curl
Right in the middle of her forehead.

And when she was good
She was very good
And when she was bad she was horrid!

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

That said, WFF displays just a single ad regardless of the device, and that ad helps cover the server fees. The position and size of the ad has been set to minimize impact to your experience, negating the need for adblocking the site. Disable your AdBlocker / Whitelist WashingtonFlyFishing.com to continue using the site. Thanks.

I've Disabled AdBlock