Redington Zero vs Latest Orvis Battenkill (Click Pawl)

Guy Gregory

I've been using Orvis stuff for years. I'd stick to the Battenkill or maybe one of their clearwater reels. My Rocky Mtn. is still going strong and the cassette for multiple lines is great for lake fishing.

the_grube

I’ll be the one to disagree: I like my Redington Zero. It is very light and small, very simple, and looks cool in my opinion. Much less expensive than boutique reels and spare spools are readily available online for less than $50.
I'll double down on this. Been fishing one on my 3wt for years with 'zero' issues... pun fully intended.

I'm surprised to hear that anyone is having backlash issues. The clicker on my reel is plenty stout. This isn't my every day reel though, maybe the clicker wears out on larger setups and or over extended periods of time?

Last edited:

Mike22

Follow up: I placed an order on a Battenkill II. Comments from here and reviews found elsewhere on the internet confirmed the Battenkill's superior quality. Additionally, I was able to find a deal online for the Battenkill which nearly negated the price difference. Thanks for the help y'all.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

That said, WFF displays just a single ad regardless of the device, and that ad helps cover the server fees. The position and size of the ad has been set to minimize impact to your experience, negating the need for adblocking the site. Disable your AdBlocker / Whitelist WashingtonFlyFishing.com to continue using the site. Thanks.

I've Disabled AdBlock