NFR Fugly worms

Dave Boyle

Just found this article that shows a Cali natural phenomena exacerbated by recent weather, we have lots of goeduck, they have lots of these....

I’ll take shellfish over annelid worms anytime...nature is amazing and funny for those with childish minds like me.

Dave

Dave Boyle

I hope by posting this wretched act of nature that your Karma isn't permanently wrecked. :)
Porter has over done it, I’m scarred for life now with that munching otter. I can imagine the critter movie where it pops up....and like that “cut!” Abalone bashing on tummy , yes. Knob worm munching, not so much.

Dave

David Loy

Senior Moment
Yeah, that image won’t go away soon enough. Apparently the South Koreans like eating these “dog dicks” (their term). Yum.

Bob Smith

WFF Supporter
WAY back in my college days - I took an estuarine ecology class and we spent some time on the mud flats of Elkhorn Slough (Monterey Bay). We called them "weenie worms" ha ha - they are actually very interesting and their burrows host all kinds of marine critters.

rotato

WAY back in my college days - I took an estuarine ecology class and we spent some time on the mud flats of Elkhorn Slough (Monterey Bay). We called them "weenie worms" ha ha - they are actually very interesting and their burrows host all kinds of marine critters.
That’s a beautiful and interesting place. I led some kayak tours in there back in the day. What shark species rears its young in there? Is it the leopard shark?
cheers

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info