A Great Trivia Question

Old406Kid

What is the only natural lake in the world that drains into both the Atlantic and Pacific oceans?

Last edited:

Smalma

Also a fun trivia fact-

I believe it is also the case that there is a continental creek hat divides with separate branches flowing to both oceans. Can't remember the details.

Curt

Old Man

A very Old Man
WFF Supporter
What is the only natural lake in the world that drains ito both the Atlantic and Pacific oceans?

Lets just pick the fly shit out of the pepper. Anything that flows east, on the west side of the Mississippi, will flow into the Gulf of Mexico. Not the Atlantic Ocean. The Gulf of Mexico is not the Atlantic Ocean. The waters will mingle but who's to say they will end up in the Atlantic.

bennysbuddy

the sultan of swing
WFF Supporter
Lets just pick the fly shit out of the pepper. Anything that flows east, on the west side of the Mississippi, will flow into the Gulf of Mexico. Not the Atlantic Ocean. The Gulf of Mexico is not the Atlantic Ocean. The waters will mingle but who's to say they will end up in the Atlantic.
But they might,and that’s all that counts

Jim Darden

What is the only natural lake in the world that drains ito both the Atlantic and Pacific oceans?

Knew that but was surprised that it was the ONLY lake that drains both ways, youda thought there would be more!!

Old Man

A very Old Man
WFF Supporter
Every time I cross the Continental Divide I comment to the wife that if I pee in Silver Bow creek it will run into the Pacific Ocean and if I pee in Divide Creek it will run into the Gulf of Mexico. I have to cross over it everytime I go somewhere to fish.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

That said, WFF displays just a single ad regardless of the device, and that ad helps cover the server fees. The position and size of the ad has been set to minimize impact to your experience, negating the need for adblocking the site. Disable your AdBlocker / Whitelist WashingtonFlyFishing.com to continue using the site. Thanks.

I've Disabled AdBlock