Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

painting

13K views 168 replies 26 participants last post by  No longer with us 
#1 ·
something I have not been doing much of...started one from a visit this summer to the South Platte near the gold medal water...
Plant Plant community Ecoregion Paint Natural landscape

See less See more
#8 ·
I have a client waiting for newer ones like this...he is enamored by such painterly frivolity...This is the last one he bought earlier in 2019...I try not to paint for a client...I don't know whay , maybe I am a tease...or I just follow my muse that tells me it is the time to do something...?

#10 · (Edited)
Beautiful work Skip ...... I'm envious of your talent
I am trapped by it...I do it because I have to...a prof in 1974, told me never to stop...keep at it...so i have...Dick is gone now and i kept in touch for decades...he was a maestro..,.amazing teacher...that observed and saw what I was...I loved him...

#74 ·
You have a great talent for painting beautiful artwork. I really admire you for the talent that you've acquired and the gift you have for it. I've watched some programs on TV and it seems to be somewhat easy to learn (?). I've always been attracted to art, bought some brushes, canvas and paint but never found the time to attempt it. The day will come.. ;) I worked and lived for 5 years in Washington state, loved it there and think it is the best in the US. Now I'm stuck in industrialized Detroit..
I would not say painting is easy to learn...As a whole it begins with drawing and color theory and knowledge of mediums and the developed ability to copy something as training and then with that image and experience morgue file in your head be able to create your own unique work...from your head and heart.

#18 ·
You have a great talent for painting beautiful artwork. I really admire you for the talent that you've acquired and the gift you have for it. I've watched some programs on TV and it seems to be somewhat easy to learn (?). I've always been attracted to art, bought some brushes, canvas and paint but never found the time to attempt it. The day will come.. ;) I worked and lived for 5 years in Washington state, loved it there and think it is the best in the US. Now I'm stuck in industrialized Detroit..
Watercolor is difficult to do well.
It requires a lot of skill and discipline and planning, since you cannot just keep painting over things up till you get the right.
J

#21 ·
these sold to fellow fly fishermen and wom
Kalama3.jpg
Elaines_Lesson.jpg
Deluge-1.jpg
Instinct.jpg
flies1.jpg
Leviathon copy.jpg
theMagicwand-1.jpg
Wake.jpg
Should-Have.jpg
en...sold more to the like minded than this but if anyone is ever interested in a commissioned painting...framed or not we can talk. anytime...send a PM and we can keep it private...I do not talk pricing or duch things publically.

Attachments

#24 ·
these sold to fellow fly fishermen and wom View attachment 224638 View attachment 224640 View attachment 224641 View attachment 224642 View attachment 224643 View attachment 224644 View attachment 224646 View attachment 224649 View attachment 224650 en...sold more to the like minded than this but if anyone is ever interested in a commissioned painting...framed or not we can talk. anytime...send a PM and we can keep it private...I do not talk pricing or duch things publically.
One of those is hanging in my house.

#30 ·
Skip
I don't know if it's my brain filling in the "details"...
But, you absolutely nailed the essence of a stream scene...clear down to the details of sun penetrating the water down to the rocks below!!
The more I look at it, the more mesmerized I become.
I feel the streams I visit...I know the nuances...I am a lifelong artist and painter...I know this shit..,.and feel every ripple in this old heart

#31 ·
I feel when I paint...thqt Ibnthink makes me different...I don't just copy shit....I spend 75% of my time envisioning where i am goibng before I paint...planning...maybe that comes from all those years as a professional designer I don't know...It is just how I go about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.