Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

painting

13K views 168 replies 26 participants last post by  No longer with us 
#1 ·
something I have not been doing much of...started one from a visit this summer to the South Platte near the gold medal water...
Plant Plant community Ecoregion Paint Natural landscape

See less See more
#113 ·
I have images of a thousand or so paintings going back to 1971...I really don't know how many...I generally post fishing related stuff here but I have ventured elsewhere in all my themed shows...basically trolling providing creative diversity in my body of work for shows...Here is one
Sky Ecoregion Mountain Painting Art

#120 ·
Jeanne and I love it...and we see different imagery in it all the time. The great irony here is that some abstract artists work very hard to do this sort of mysterious surprise only to have to battle their own life experience of d=seeing. They have to fight their inner self sometimes avoiding the contrived. Lily is wide open ,zero inhibitions or concerns just loves to paint... Lily is 6 years old.
Art paint Plant Paint Rectangle Wood

#128 ·
"Voice "
a couple of paintings done in a HS Art class I subbed for once in a while...wet in wet frisket and watercolor
13.5 X 20.5"
donated to a couple annual HS fund raisers as they are so different than my usual work...but I may play like these again...
By ther way the hand semblance was demarcated by pouring frisket on my forearm and hand and pusking it up the stretched paper letting it dray then working into it etc...The atomized effects with a toothbrush,,,some favorite twigs used as well...i was showing the kids that came by that anything goes with small stencils too...they had fun too.
Carnivore Art Font Painting Illustration
Arm Human body Organism Art Painting

#135 ·
I show and have shown paintings since 1974, I often share images here and elsewhere of older work and paintings I have gifted, donated or eold... I have been meaning to put together a slide show of works for sale...so here is a simple slide show of watercolors of all sorts of subject matter and styles of painting...If interested PM me...most are framed some are not. Looking is free. To purchase my range of pricing is determined by size and whether framed or not... I have shipped paintings across this country a lot... I build durable crates and insure shipments

#138 ·
"Lathe of Heaven"
watercolor
13.5" X 20.5"
Inspired by a Film adaptation of the Ursula Le Guin short story by the same name.
Saw the film in the 70's in college. Extremely moving and I was thinking about Le Guin when I prepared to paint this. Literature, prose and poetry are a large inspiration for much of what and how I paint.
Rectangle Wood Twig Grass Plant

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.