Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

painting

13K views 168 replies 26 participants last post by  No longer with us 
#1 ·
something I have not been doing much of...started one from a visit this summer to the South Platte near the gold medal water...
Plant Plant community Ecoregion Paint Natural landscape

See less See more
#147 ·
"Hello Dolly Varden"
done quite a long time ago...I got so into it I painted the reel location on a conventional rod...I knew it but kept going cuz watercolor shows everything...I gave it to a friend from the Westfly days,,,Big Ben...RIP...His widow is with the shariffs department...so I know where it is, so I can sort of forget about it for long periods of time...Ha!
Vertebrate Wood Organism Fish Bedrock

#149 ·
My artist bio-
I have spent my lifetime with art and creativity. Actually for over 50 years. I knew early art was going to be what drove me. I spent a career as a museum exhibit designer , graphic designer, fabricator and creator of one of a kind solutions for museums and collections. All the while I always painted...For the last 40 years I have exclusively been painting in watercolor, focusing on subjects and ideas that had meaning and relevance to me. I always strive to do something new, not satisfied with the usual. I have been writing poetry as an adjunct to my painting. Hopefully I have more challenging decades of painting ahead of me.

The Artist

Art is about a balance
Of head and heart...

Not just visceral,
Not just cerebral...

But a marriage...
A culmination
Of what is felt ,
What is learned,

What is history,

The technique,
The reverence
Or denial,

Even insult
Of traditions
Passed forward
To a next era

Or generation

Of creative

Or critical minds...
We embrace
What we embrace
And reject 
What we reject
For a myriad
Of reasons based

On our own

Specific experience
And intent...
Intent is
The wild card...

Mine is to create

Always, because I have to...

I don't know

Why I have to?...
Will I cease to

Exist if I don't?
Cabin Feverscan.jpg

#155 ·
something I have not been doing much of...started one from a visit this summer to the South Platte near the gold medal water... View attachment 220664
Do you paint in watercolor or Acrylic watercolor? Or both? I have never been able to paint landscapes. I have a hard time with composition with landscapes.

#156 · (Edited)
I have been painting over 50 years...The last 30 a focus on watercolor...before that acrylic and oil and mixed media were in the mix...I can paint anywhere in watercolor...a bucket with paint palette and brushes and a board with paper affixed is all I need... I have often gone camping and fishing and brought them along to paint near camp side...portability

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.