painting

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
With this COVID thing...Yeah phase 2 some places have just moved beyond with interaction...primarily oh the east side of this state...their attitudes about controll reflect that...Me I Iam gonna hang low and close to home and do what I do...garden and paint...and starting a new painting today...because it is always what I do...

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
I am a watercolor arist...over 45 tears now...
NW_flyfisher. I use Windsor Newton and Danial Smith tube watercolors...I also use student grade Grumbacher tubes...fof their reticulation qualities as they are less refined and I like the effect when I want such a thing...I use Arches 300 lb cold and hot press...I usually split a full WN sheet to 15" X 22" so I can get 2 paintings from single sheet...There are many other fine quality papers...but I like the Arches

Last edited:

Matt Burke

Awesome work Skip. I haven't been back here in a bit. Been trying get back into WC. Acrylic too. Hell, I'll be happy if I get out on the river. Do you teach? I'm having a hell of a problem saving the white of paper or canvas all the time. I have never used titanium white. It can be baffling but WC technique keeps showing up in my acrylics.

Old Man

A very Old Man
WFF Supporter
Awesome work Skip. I haven't been back here in a bit. Been trying get back into WC. Acrylic too. Hell, I'll be happy if I get out on the river. Do you teach? I'm having a hell of a problem saving the white of paper or canvas all the time. I have never used titanium white. It can be baffling but WC technique keeps showing up in my acrylics.
Hey dip shit.:p Don't you fish anymore?

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
Play with some frisket...Winsor Newton frisket saves the paper beyond that in a way WC is a bit like working in reverse... it takes a lot of practice...Been doing it so long I just think that way...teaching? I was a sub HS art teacher for 6 years ...sort of a retirement job before I retired...

Matt Burke

Play with some frisket...Winsor Newton frisket saves the paper beyond that in a way WC is a bit like working in reverse... it takes a lot of practice...Been doing it so long I just think that way...teaching? I was a sub HS art teacher for 6 years ...sort of a retirement job before I retired...
Sorry, I did not explain myself very well but I have a real keyboard and readers on now. I learned WC when I was waiting for acceptance into nursing school in '91. A year with professor John Christianator? Then I made it in to nursing school. Never made a dime on my paintings since and looking like I never will. I got friskit. This year I am trying acrylics. I love it. But I paint thin and shoot for WC effects. I need to figure out how to mix white with other colors. I have no clue. I have never used chineese white on any WC. Saving the white of the canvas is just wrong in acrylic. I am also rebuilding twin carbs but this is the wrong place. Skip! We should fish.

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
Sorry, I did not explain myself very well but I have a real keyboard and readers on now. I learned WC when I was waiting for acceptance into nursing school in '91. A year with professor John Christianator? Then I made it in to nursing school. Never made a dime on my paintings since and looking like I never will. I got friskit. This year I am trying acrylics. I love it. But I paint thin and shoot for WC effects. I need to figure out how to mix white with other colors. I have no clue. I have never used chineese white on any WC. Saving the white of the canvas is just wrong in acrylic. I am also rebuilding twin carbs but this is the wrong place. Skip! We should fish.
I will show yo an old one here...I played with watercolor effects in acrylic on primed masonite on this one and others I wanted in acrylics a lot...I added and experimented with watering it down...dish soap and a fan brush...sudsing up the primed board letting it dry...Interesting reticulation...since you are trained you will know what I mean...
window1979.jpg

Last edited:

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info