Let's Talk Two-Handed Beach Rods

Nick Clayton

WFF Supporter
Personally I'd rather give up 30' of casting distance than give up the 30' in front of me. Every time. Without hesitation. Others may feel differently, and that's totally fine. To each their own.

That last 30' is definitely the magic zone as far as I'm concerned.

NRC

WFF Supporter
@NRC What weight is your head? 40 feet is not too long for a 12 foot rod, but it will work if it's the right grain weight. You might also try to bring your casting stroke a little closer to sidearm.
It’s a 6wt airflo beach. That’s the line echo recommends, but at some point I might try overlining it. I’ve got a 7 wt floater laying around somewhere.

I think the head is 35’. The additional 5’ i tacked on when I said 40 was my “angler’s allowance” :cool:

NRC

WFF Supporter
Personally I'd rather give up 30' of casting distance than give up the 30' in front of me. Every time. Without hesitation. Others may feel differently, and that's totally fine. To each their own.

That last 30' is definitely the magic zone as far as I'm concerned.
Hell if you’re that Ira guy I always hear about, you wanna stay in the six foot “sculpin action zone”

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
It’s a 6wt airflo beach. That’s the line echo recommends, but at some point I might try overlining it. I’ve got a 7 wt floater laying around somewhere.

I think the head is 35’. The additional 5’ i tacked on when I said 40 was my “angler’s allowance” :cool:
Close... 33’ ;)
SF

Reactions: NRC

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts