Chironomids!!

Lue Taylor

Lue Taylor/dbfly
I do agree, but some folks fish waters where they actually keep the barb on! Not my jam, but I understand why some don't pinch at the vice.
A friend and I was fishing in a drift boat on the Yak he was in the front I in the rear the wind took his back cast the hook hit my sunglasses went straight in my face just below my eye had not been for the glasses it would have landed in my eye, thanks for barbless the hook came right out.
The last time I had a barbed hook in my vice I was tying a backward fly with a 200R clamp by the eye of the hook when I ty a fly my base thread tag I just snap off by pulling the tag real quick except the hook was upside down in vice I buried tha hook up to the bend had to pull out like it went in ouch!!!:(

Irafly

Indi "Ira" Jones
WFF Supporter
A friend and I was fishing in a drift boat on the Yak he was in the front I in the rear the wind took his back cast the hook hit my sunglasses went straight in my face just below my eye had not been for the glasses it would have landed in my eye, thanks for barbless the hook came right out.
The last time I had a barbed hook in my vice I was tying a backward fly with a 200R clamp by the eye of the hook when I ty a fly my base thread tag I just snap off by pulling the tag real quick except the hook was upside down in vice I buried tha hook up to the bend had to pull out like it went in ouch!!!:(
No hook of mine hits the vice without the barb gone, I hook myself about every outing!

Scott Salzer

previously micro brew
WFF Supporter
Ever in the ear with a tungsten bead head?

Had a fish on out or Oroville on a big cone head that came unbuttoned under tension. Hit me in the cheek. Still have that blood on n my shirt.

Note to self - always wear eye protection.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info