Chironomids!!

Buzzy

I've never pumped this much out of a fish before. Chaoborus and chironomids. I still had plenty left in the pump after I filled the vial. View attachment 240718
I can't tell if your still on the island or if you've gone to the mainland......... tell us about the trout whose throat was so full....... Glenn - three of us were scheduled to head to Mile High Resort this coming Monday. Rather sad about not being able (allowed) to go.

Buzzy

As I sit on my couch in my lounging pants, I am envious! Looks as though I may have to head east.
As hot as it is getting (91F in Ephrata today and tomorrow) I wonder if the majority of the more fishable midge hatches are done. Just a guess but then I hear about the 'bomber' hatch at Tunkwa in late June and July.......... what do I know? :rolleyes:

P7070009.JPG

The bottom fly was really good for July Lahontan cutthroat

Chris Johnson

As hot as it is getting (91F in Ephrata today and tomorrow) I wonder if the majority of the more fishable midge hatches are done. Just a guess but then I hear about the 'bomber' hatch at Tunkwa in late June and July.......... what do I know? :rolleyes:

View attachment 240994
The bottom fly was really good for July Lahontan cutthroat
I've been thinking of a trip to Montana (Blackfeet res.), if the border doesn't open.

Chris Johnson

That sounds really good to me. Been a long times since I've been there. @Fishingwithladin had a show or two that almost go me to load up and head that way. Better not say anymore!
I know Ladin, his dad was one of my high school P.E. teachers. Talked to a guy who was there last year, he said the tribe is still trying to figure out when they might open it to fishing.

Squamishpoacher

We're seeing in many Cariboo lakes that many, but not all, of the larger older stockings have succumbed to winter kill. Still some larger 10s and better, but not as much in the 5 to 10 range. Two of the lakes I visited at ice off had more dead visible than in recent years. Also seeing one lake with thinner fish (Pennasks) but still in the 23 to 26 inch range.
20200511_142614.jpg

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts