Chironomids!!

Irafly

Indi "Ira" Jones
WFF Supporter
Ahhh, yes-the great swivel debate. With Ira being the most vocal anti-swivel advocate and willing to refute the entire body of the BC chironomid community we need some definitive answers. If Ira is correct then all of the multi-colored, gilled and UV resin coated creations on specialty hooks are just unnecessary.

Nope, I simply stated that I won’t use them, because fish will eat them and I like to eliminate variables. By all means fish a swivel all you want.

jwg

Swivels are beads.
Purchase an open eye hook and you can weaponize it.

Maybe a section of lead core line?
Haven't tried that yet

J

Admunky

Ya I like a tippet ring with a tungsten bead on the line above it to help get it down, little less profile than a swivel and you have a lot of weight options cause you can just change out the bead as needed.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

That said, WFF displays just a single ad regardless of the device, and that ad helps cover the server fees. The position and size of the ad has been set to minimize impact to your experience, negating the need for adblocking the site. Disable your AdBlocker / Whitelist WashingtonFlyFishing.com to continue using the site. Thanks.

I've Disabled AdBlock