Area 13 Fishing Report

Greg Price

Love da little fishies
Hit a popular urban beach in area 13 yesterday afternoon

Grandma's Low Hangers. Hope I am not hotspotting your private beach lol.

My first clue of no fish present was no fishermen on the beach.

Had two hits, landed one 10 inch chrome bright sea run cuttie.

Did not see one fish jump out of water, but s larger fish swireled the surface several times within casting range. That was one of two bumps I felt.

Great day to be on beach. Not too cold, overcast and no wind. And uncrowded for urban fishing.

I switched over to glow in dark flies after dark. I heard splashing and heavy breathing too close to me for comfort. Thought it was sea lion till I saw it'sheadlight.

It was a diver. His first time diving there and was not prepared to fight big back Eddie. He's said he used up most of his air fighting the back Eddy.

He saw giant octopus in s shelf 28 feet down. Cool huh?

High Flyin

I agree with Nick but I've been in area 11. Yesterday was tough. Between two of us we went 2/3 in 2 hours, no real size. Saturday was better but not good by any means for this time of year. Landed 6-8 all about 12"-14".
On another note, I sold my boat a few weeks ago and I'm now beach stricken. So all you guys that joined me in the boat in the past, I'll see you at the beach.

jasmillo

WFF Supporter
I hit a beach in the south sound today with a buddy who is still learning.

95% of the beach was dead. 5% was great for about 30- 45 minutes. I landed 8 I believe, all of which were SRC except one chunky rezzie.

One thing that bummed me out though was one nice chunky SRC demolished one of my baitfish patterns and deep hooked itself badly. Was bleeding from the gills but I thought he might make it. 20 minutes later I see him belly up in the shallows. 1/2 hour later a big eagle came down and grabbed him. Made me feel a little better but still sucks.

Great quiet day on the water though. Love SRC fishing in winter!

Last edited:

Greg Price

Love da little fishies
I agree with Nick but I've been in area 11. Yesterday was tough. Between two of us we went 2/3 in 2 hours, no real size. Saturday was better but not good by any means for this time of year. Landed 6-8 all about 12"-14".
On another note, I sold my boat a few weeks ago and I'm now beach stricken. So all you guys that joined me in the boat in the past, I'll see you at the beach.
Why did you sell your boat? Are you planning on getting another?u

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts