Glass Bead Head Nymphs

BN2FSH

are you using additional weight? wraps of lead?
No, I want these to be light weight for when I fish shallow shorelines in Jurassic Lake, or some of the other shallow lakes at ELV.. I have lots with tungsten beads for deep water.

Steve Kokita

FISHON206
I use a lot of glass beads too.....my wife was into bead jewelry for awhile, I raided her stash....she took me to some bead stores! Seed beads up the wazzu......

Speyrod GB

Do most of you get your beads at the craft shops, or fly shops? Are the beads silver lined on the interior for better reflective quality?

BN2FSH

Do most of you get your beads at the craft shops, or fly shops? Are the beads silver lined on the interior for better reflective quality?
I bought some at fly shops, which have a limited selection, and ordered some from The Fly Shack I found on the internet. I have not looked at the local bead store but I understand they have lots. I like the silver lined beads but I tie with lots of others as well depending on my mood.

Buzzy

WFF Supporter
The bead in the photo I posted is silver lined from a fly shop (The Blue Dun in The Wenatchee area - miss that shop). I inherited a bead collection and have sorted through to find some that I sometimes tie with. @jamma’s idea for the water boatman intrigues me.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

That said, WFF displays just a single ad regardless of the device, and that ad helps cover the server fees. The position and size of the ad has been set to minimize impact to your experience, negating the need for adblocking the site. Disable your AdBlocker / Whitelist WashingtonFlyFishing.com to continue using the site. Thanks.

I've Disabled AdBlock