NFR Political Advertisements

girlfisher

Don't mean to complicate anyone's new year but I grow weary of the NRA advertisement that appears on the edge of this page from time to time. We are required to stay clear from political agendas for good reason. I am not sure if WFF has control over this or not but if they do perhaps a little practice what you preach might be in order. If you are unsure about the political agenda you need only investigate a few of their survey questions. Thanks for your consideration on this issue and very happy new year to all.

Steelhead

Mykiss Member
The NRA lost the support of sportsman a long time ago. They peddle guns for gun companies now. Oh yeah and this:

927AA538-BA5B-41E8-ABDD-182FEF667111.jpeg

Jerry Daschofsky

Will Fish for Cinnamon Rolls and Coffee.
WFF Supporter
Don't mean to complicate anyone's new year but I grow weary of the NRA advertisement that appears on the edge of this page from time to time. We are required to stay clear from political agendas for good reason. I am not sure if WFF has control over this or not but if they do perhaps a little practice what you preach might be in order. If you are unsure about the political agenda you need only investigate a few of their survey questions. Thanks for your consideration on this issue and very happy new year to all.
There's no control in what comes in the ad. If there was don't you think you would only see fishing and possibly camping ads?

jwg

I think we are all getting different ads depending on what google is serving up as targeted advertising to you.

At the moment I am getting ads for camera gear, but over Christmas when my daughter was home using my wifi and hence my IP address, I started getting ads for cute women's dresses.
J

Mark Moore

Just a Member
WFF Supporter
See this, it should help....

Chris Scoones

WFF Admin
I grow weary ... practice what you preach ... this issue
I've blocked the NRA and some other dumb ads, but know that the process of tuning ads to the site is (1) reactive, meaning I can block them but not until the ads are active so I can see them and (2) sometimes oriented towards your interests and not the site.

Moving this to the appropriate sub-forum for site feedback.

Last edited:

FinLuver

I think we are all getting different ads depending on what google is serving up as targeted advertising to you.

At the moment I am getting ads for camera gear, but over Christmas when my daughter was home using my wifi and hence my IP address, I started getting ads for cute women's dresses.
J
Swimmy should be able to help you pick out a couple of outfits. ;)

FinLuver

Deport Illegals
Trump!!!

it makes for a great advertisement.:D

ps: one thing I have noticed, is that the ads are now in your face, at the top of my phone screen now. Before, they were below in the void I normally did not venture too. It’s OK... I just won’t bother to look at them and scroll on past.;)

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts