Elwha River Hatchery Steelhead

Salmo_g

WFF Supporter
It's been a few years, but last I heard was that the hatchery steelhead program uses Chambers Ck stock, same as has been used on the river for decades. I hope that's what they're using, instead of native wild broodstock. Less introgression using Chambers fish. And really low introgression, given the PS returns thus far this season.

Gyrfalcon2015

Wild Trout
It's been a few years, but last I heard was that the hatchery steelhead program uses Chambers Ck stock, same as has been used on the river for decades. I hope that's what they're using, instead of native wild broodstock. Less introgression using Chambers fish. And really low introgression, given the PS returns thus far this season.
That would be good, those Chambers Creek fish would peter out and cry "Mercy" after one attempt ascending the Elwha's Goblins Gate.

Last edited:

bk paige

Wishin I was on the Sauk
Damn this is sickening!! Plenty of idiots like this guy. Sad thing is if you even tried to educated some of these types of people they act like you’re trying to pull a fast one in them.
It is his federally granted right to fish, calling him an idiot shows just how ignorant you are. If you dont like it go talk the orange baffoon.

Also their rights, traditions and history are not for sale, it has been brought up in the past and vehemently opposed.

winxp_man

Steelhead Bum
It is his federally granted right to fish, calling him an idiot shows just how ignorant you are. If you dont like it go talk the orange baffoon.

Also their rights, traditions and history are not for sale, it has been brought up in the past and vehemently opposed.
This is a thing that I have seen long before the person you call “orange” has been in office. This just happens to be a recent case! But yea idiot if he steelhead fishes and does not know about population issues for steelhead.... oh and it’s WA’s problem that there are rivers that still allow wild to be kept. At least CA did that right. I bet if I could get this guys contact info, and trying to get some education put in he would tell me to F**K off! Yea I have seen these type of people and spoken to many in CA and OR.... there is no convincing them. They will almost fight you. And the main reason for calling Him a idiot is HE is selling wild life. I don’t know 100% but pretty sure selling game/fish or parts without a lic to do so is illegal.

Chromer J

What’s with the ‘dude’ bullshit?
Are you paying attention?
Yeah, it seemed to be getting heated, so I attempted to interject a little humor with a pop culture reference to a movie quote (with a couple words substituted) to lighten things up. That's where the dude bullshit was sourced.

Reactions: NRC

bk paige

Wishin I was on the Sauk
This is a thing that I have seen long before the person you call “orange” has been in office. This just happens to be a recent case! But yea idiot if he steelhead fishes and does not know about population issues for steelhead.... oh and it’s WA’s problem that there are rivers that still allow wild to be kept. At least CA did that right. I bet if I could get this guys contact info, and trying to get some education put in he would tell me to F**K off! Yea I have seen these type of people and spoken to many in CA and OR.... there is no convincing them. They will almost fight you. And the main reason for calling Him a idiot is HE is selling wild life. I don’t know 100% but pretty sure selling game/fish or parts without a lic to do so is illegal.

Tribal treatys are federally protected, you ignorance prevails.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts