2020 Skagit steelhead season

Scudley Do Right

Bummer, I'm not a steelheader but I was going to see if I could bum along with someone on here for a day. I just wanted to go on the Skagit one time before it's closed for good. Looks like it might be too late.

doublespey

Steelhead-a-holic
I guess we could have an unofficial "meeting" up in Terrace this spring, where we can discuss how good everyone used to be at steelheading?
Sounds kinda like the Thompson Memorial - i'm sure they all talked about how far they could cast and the monsters they caught . . . back in the day. This really sucks . . . but it's better to err on the side of the fish.

Last edited:

bhudda

heffe'
Thought there was no money for the Skagit this spring even if the numbers showed up...or am I missing something?
DDFE90AD-9E41-4D7A-B605-88717EAA8A8F.jpeg

Chris DeLeone

So I have a quick question - we did this agreement with NOAA along with the Co-managers - I remember if the numbers were under 4K our allowable take (through CnR) was around 4%. I agree with the closing of the river for the CnR angler - probally the least lethal participant in the fishing process
Will the co-managers not fish this spring for their percentage or limit their time on the water in the Spring when they tend to get kelts heading back out - I don't remember how or if that is addressed in the agreement with NOAA

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

That said, WFF displays just a single ad regardless of the device, and that ad helps cover the server fees. The position and size of the ad has been set to minimize impact to your experience, negating the need for adblocking the site. Disable your AdBlocker / Whitelist WashingtonFlyFishing.com to continue using the site. Thanks.

I've Disabled AdBlock