New Sage Saltwater Rod

Porter

Haha. Didn’t see this thread head
until just now. I just posted on main forum I like the name, maybe next will be the comet, pinto, and
Mustang.

Last edited:

Jakob B

Washington Native and college age angler
It has a different modulus of graphite than the motive. Motive was getting old, time for them to crank out a new rod.

Steelhead

Mykiss Member
The Motive had a long run for a Sage rod. They even increased the price on them because it was such a popular rod.

jasmillo

WFF Supporter
Anyone actually fished this rod yet? I wanted to buy a 6 weight but nobody in the country seems to have them. Backordered until May.

It was just released. They cannot be that popular. I think they produced four 6 weights total and are employing the old artificially create demand marketing scheme. Annoying. I almost want to just buy a Scott Sector even though repairs for Sage are so damn convenient for me!

I guess I should have bought a Meridian when they were on closeout....

dryflylarry

"Chasing Riseforms"
Screw all these overpriced rods. I just picked up A Fenwick Aetos 5 wt. It casts like a dream. Just as good as my fancy stuff. I think their 6 wt might be a great coho rod. I got the 5 wt for cutthroat. I can lay out 70’ no problem and I’m an old man now.

jasmillo

WFF Supporter
I enjoy rods across the price spectrum. That beig said, I have really enjoyed all the higher end rods I have bought but have come across a few duds on cheaper stuff. The description of this rod in particular was intriguing because it sounds like a One which is my favorite streamer rod at a much lower price point. If I buy one, I’ll probably sell my Sage Motive which I don’t love. No rush for me. I still have the Motive, a Scott Radian and a TFO BVK in 6 weights that can be used in the salt. I would like to replace that Motive though.

NRC

WFF Supporter
I enjoy rods across the price spectrum. That beig said, I have really enjoyed all the higher end rods I have bought but have come across a few duds on cheaper stuff. The description of this rod in particular was intriguing because it sounds like a One which is my favorite streamer rod at a much lower price point. If I buy one, I’ll probably sell my Sage Motive which I don’t love. No rush for me. I still have the Motive, a Scott Radian and a TFO BVK in 6 weights that can be used in the salt. I would like to replace that Motive though.
I have a 6wt Motive I’ll trade you for it ;)

Actually truth be told I’ve been getting along with my Motive really well after putting a type 3 airflo 40+ on it.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info