Sage Maverick

Porter

Its out now...

jasmillo

WFF Supporter
I’d be interested in casting one. I (think) I need another 6 weight...:). I always look for choices with Sage first since they are located 6 minutes from my front door.

To be frank, it sounds like a rebranded One which is not a bad thing in my book.

One other thing I’ll say; for a company based on an island in Puget Sound, they really don’t draw a lot of attention the saltwater opportunities in the area or the fragile state of our fisheries. It would be nice if their hyperbolic sales pitch for the rod described chasing SRC in the sound in winter or coho...or lingcod. Have some hometown pride. Sage is one of the biggest name in the industry. I think they could sell a some rods doing that and maybe drive some countrywide focus on the challenges the gamefish literally in their backyard are facing.

I know their employees are enjoying the resource. I certainly have run into enough of them on our beaches.

Last edited:

JE

I can see the merit in raising awareness of steelhead decline, conservation etc. but not sure I’d want to advertise my home waters to the masses if business is doing well.

Phil Fravel

Friendly
I’d be interested in casting one. I (think) I need another 6 weight...:). I always look for choices with Sage first since they are located 6 minutes from my front door.

To be frank, it sounds like a rebranded One which is not a bad thing in my book.

One other thing I’ll say; for a company based on an island in Puget Sound, they really don’t draw a lot of attention the saltwater opportunities in the area or the fragile state of our fisheries. It would be nice if their hyperbolic sales pitch for the rod described chasing SRC in the sound in winter or coho...or lingcod. Have some hometown pride. Sage is one of the biggest name in the industry. I think they could sell a some rods doing that and maybe drive some countrywide focus on the challenges the gamefish literally in their backyard are facing.

I know their employees are enjoying the resource. I certainly have run into enough of them on our beaches.
You Nailed it!!

jfilip85

Does manufacturing a Konnetic rod suddenly cost them $300 less?
It seems like with their lower/mid priced rods, the reduction in cost is baked into the downgraded components, detailing (labor) and incredibly inferior cork more so than the graphite itself.

I'm sure it's a strategic marketing move as well though. How else could you convince someone that Konnetic HD is THAT much better unless it costs substantially more?

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

That said, WFF displays just a single ad regardless of the device, and that ad helps cover the server fees. The position and size of the ad has been set to minimize impact to your experience, negating the need for adblocking the site. Disable your AdBlocker / Whitelist WashingtonFlyFishing.com to continue using the site. Thanks.

I've Disabled AdBlock