Donegal, Ireland fishing guide recommendations

Upton O

Blind hog fisherman
The wife and I are in the early stage of planning a trip to Donegal, Ireland in mid July. I would appreciate input and suggestions on guides and resumes in the area.

Thanks!

Dave Boyle

The wife and I are in the early stage of planning a trip to Donegal, Ireland in mid July. I would appreciate input and suggestions on guides and resumes in the area.

Thanks!
I'd look to UK fly websites for info via search or better why not join on there and ask. I like them because there's a treasure trove of info there esp re chironomids (buzzers) and other cool or not so cool flies depending on your outlook, boobies, blobs etc...

Dave

Roper

Idiot Savant
WFF Supporter
Karl, how long will you be there? We visited last October for two weeks, our second trip. Can’t help with fishing but can with sights to see, breweries, and distilleries.

Jerry Daschofsky

Will Fish for Cinnamon Rolls and Coffee.
WFF Supporter

Thanks!
I should add. If you are going to explore a little. To the South of Donegal, I want to say just Northwest of Galway, there's a town known as the trip fishing capital of Europe. I'll dig through my pics and see if I can find the name of the town. Every pub and store is fishing themed. A few tackle shops. Pretty cool with all the store fronts painted with fishing murals.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

That said, WFF displays just a single ad regardless of the device, and that ad helps cover the server fees. The position and size of the ad has been set to minimize impact to your experience, negating the need for adblocking the site. Disable your AdBlocker / Whitelist WashingtonFlyFishing.com to continue using the site. Thanks.

I've Disabled AdBlock