The Greatest

jamma

Ha..valid point
It was a good fight but you have to soundly beat the champ to take the belt. IMO Leonard didnt accomplish that.
Good fighter but I never liked him.
Hagler was all business.
His fight with John Mugabi was an all-time classic.

Last edited:

dflett68

WFF Supporter
Let’s see how he does with the possibility of losing his life with bullets flying in his face?
Doesn’t take much in the way of guts to put a belt around your waist... I do it every day.
you're just jealous cause he was so much better at the one-liner game you keep vainly flogging - plus there was substance and poetry in his...

Old Man

A very Old Man
WFF Supporter
How come there are 5 pages on Cassius Clay and the wars we were in. No NFR on the title and not one thing mentioned about fly fishing. This is a little strange.

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
How come there are 5 pages on Cassius Clay and the wars we were in. No NFR on the title and not one thing mentioned about fly fishing. This is a little strange.
There is always the fly tying thread I suppose...Ali did some rising though...you gotta admit that.

Old Man

A very Old Man
WFF Supporter
There is always the fly tying thread I suppose...Ali did some rising though...you gotta admit that.
He might of been a good boxer but in my eyes, he is still a bum. This is my opinion on the subject. We are all entitled to give our opinions on said subject.

MileHighFlyGuy

As long as this thread has gotten off-track, I'll help. The travesty at the end of WW2, letting the Russians carve up Eastern Europe and forming the Soviet block, started the 'Red Scare'. This ended up morphing into the Domino Theory that was the basis for us involving ourselves in 2 civil wars in Asia.....forget about the CIA screwing up South America. Imagine if you will that British Columbia wanted independence from Canada. A civil war ensues. China and Russia come to support BC. They don't know the language, history, topography or ideology. but they keep pouring their most valuable resource...young men...to be slaughtered, with no vision for the future. Absurd right? Should sound familiar at the least.
This is pretty much what they (the Russians) did in Afghanistan. They eventually had the sense to just leave. Which is more than we have had.

gofish101

He might of been a good boxer but in my eyes, he is still a bum. This is my opinion on the subject. We are all entitled to give our opinions on said subject.
A bum that has raised 50 plus million dollars for various different charities. How much have you raised? His charitable work in the USA and around the world is well documented. I wish there were more bums like him.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts