Puyallup sportmans show

wetline dave

So who is going this year?

I will be making it on either Wednesday or Friday to touch base with a few of the people I know who will be there. Accouple of outfitters I know and a couple of the fishing lodges.

Though it is more of a gear show for fishing there are some incidental things that one can pick-up relatively cheap. Ricards is usually there tying some of his patterns and is worth talking with when he is in a better mood.

Dave

Salmo_g

WFF Supporter
I think I'll attend Wednesday, possibly Thursday, but I've got family commitments beginning Friday.

Paul_

I’ll be there everyday.
If you want to learn how to make your fortune fishing ;), stop by booth 549 in the Showplex.

Jeff Dodd

I’ll be going to the show Sunday.

My son Max and I are picking up our custom Roe Morris knives at Roe’s booth. (HS Graduation gift for Max}

Roe is great guy and very talented. We work for the same employer, and he took the hours of his time to walk us through the process!

Salmo_g

WFF Supporter
I attended yesterday, Wednesday. Most important, there is hardly any fly fishing vendors, even though there is a fly tying theater and fly fishing theater with good and interesting presentations. As a result I spent more money on food and drink (which is way over-priced and of dubious quality) than on trinkets to bring home. Lots of booths hawking salmon fishing lodges in AK and BC - it's where to go to catch WA salmon these days. Definitely figuring on a BC fishing license to chase trout north of the border this year.

If you go I can only recommend eating lunch first at home or somewhere in town outside the fairgrounds.

Old Man

A very Old Man
WFF Supporter
I used to go to that one all the time. Back in the day there wasn't much traffic to slow you down.

scottcat

I attended yesterday, Wednesday. Most important, there is hardly any fly fishing vendors, even though there is a fly tying theater and fly fishing theater with good and interesting presentations. As a result I spent more money on food and drink (which is way over-priced and of dubious quality) than on trinkets to bring home. Lots of booths hawking salmon fishing lodges in AK and BC - it's where to go to catch WA salmon these days. Definitely figuring on a BC fishing license to chase trout north of the border this year.

If you go I can only recommend eating lunch first at home or somewhere in town outside the fairgrounds.

scottcat

I think you just saved me a drive from the north end. Can you say what fly type of vendors were there roughly? Thinking I should hold off for Lynwood.
Thanks
Scott

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

That said, WFF displays just a single ad regardless of the device, and that ad helps cover the server fees. The position and size of the ad has been set to minimize impact to your experience, negating the need for adblocking the site. Disable your AdBlocker / Whitelist WashingtonFlyFishing.com to continue using the site. Thanks.

I've Disabled AdBlock