Puyallup sportmans show

wetline dave

So who is going this year?

I will be making it on either Wednesday or Friday to touch base with a few of the people I know who will be there. Accouple of outfitters I know and a couple of the fishing lodges.

Though it is more of a gear show for fishing there are some incidental things that one can pick-up relatively cheap. Ricards is usually there tying some of his patterns and is worth talking with when he is in a better mood.

Dave

Salmo_g

WFF Supporter
I think I'll attend Wednesday, possibly Thursday, but I've got family commitments beginning Friday.

Paul_

I’ll be there everyday.
If you want to learn how to make your fortune fishing ;), stop by booth 549 in the Showplex.

Jeff Dodd

I’ll be going to the show Sunday.

My son Max and I are picking up our custom Roe Morris knives at Roe’s booth. (HS Graduation gift for Max}

Roe is great guy and very talented. We work for the same employer, and he took the hours of his time to walk us through the process!

Salmo_g

WFF Supporter
I attended yesterday, Wednesday. Most important, there is hardly any fly fishing vendors, even though there is a fly tying theater and fly fishing theater with good and interesting presentations. As a result I spent more money on food and drink (which is way over-priced and of dubious quality) than on trinkets to bring home. Lots of booths hawking salmon fishing lodges in AK and BC - it's where to go to catch WA salmon these days. Definitely figuring on a BC fishing license to chase trout north of the border this year.

If you go I can only recommend eating lunch first at home or somewhere in town outside the fairgrounds.

Old Man

A very Old Man
WFF Supporter
I used to go to that one all the time. Back in the day there wasn't much traffic to slow you down.

scottcat

I attended yesterday, Wednesday. Most important, there is hardly any fly fishing vendors, even though there is a fly tying theater and fly fishing theater with good and interesting presentations. As a result I spent more money on food and drink (which is way over-priced and of dubious quality) than on trinkets to bring home. Lots of booths hawking salmon fishing lodges in AK and BC - it's where to go to catch WA salmon these days. Definitely figuring on a BC fishing license to chase trout north of the border this year.

If you go I can only recommend eating lunch first at home or somewhere in town outside the fairgrounds.

scottcat

I think you just saved me a drive from the north end. Can you say what fly type of vendors were there roughly? Thinking I should hold off for Lynwood.
Thanks
Scott

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info