WDFW approves Cooke’s Steelhead Permit

Greg Armstrong

WFF Supporter
I was really hoping they would release a summary of the comments they received during the extended SEPA public comment period.

Reactions: JS

Nick Clayton

WFF Supporter
join me in providing not a penny in funding for WDFW, a totally useless agency. don't buy a license, go fish in another state that has some idea of how to manage a resource.

Not everyone has the option to spend a bunch of money to travel all over to fish.

To the same extent, not everyone is content to fish just a handful of times a year during planned, expensive travel trips.

Sixty bucks or whatever I paid for my license is a bargain for the amount of time I spend fishing my local waters. I dont agree with everything WDFW does, but there will never be a season I do not buy a license. Not being able to fish as many days as I possibly can is simply not an option for me.

freshie

WFF Supporter
This is the worst! I can't believe they approved this after all that has happened...so pissed off

bk paige

Wishin I was on the Sauk
Not everyone has the option to spend a bunch of money to travel all over to fish.

To the same extent, not everyone is content to fish just a handful of times a year during planned, expensive travel trips.

Sixty bucks or whatever I paid for my license is a bargain for the amount of time I spend fishing my local waters. I dont agree with everything WDFW does, but there will never be a season I do not buy a license. Not being able to fish as many days as I possibly can is simply not an option for me.

I agree with you Nick, but you are approving their bad decisions and negligent actions by doing so.

It does sound extreme, but I think it's time to force them under to get something else from the state.

JACKspASS

I'm not privy on why this is bad, although I have an idea; disease, pollution, and potential release failures being what comes to mind. At what point does all of our ocean derived groceries come from farms and not nonselect commercial fisheries? Isn't farm raised better in the long term vs non select gillnet type fisheries?

Yard Sale

Huge Member
I don’t know what you guys are worried about. They are going to inspect the nets every other year and there is a plan to report escaped fish.

What could go wrong?

At least they listened to the vast amount of stakeholders.

Nick Clayton

WFF Supporter
I agree with you Nick, but you are approving their bad decisions and negligent actions by doing so.

It does sound extreme, but I think it's time to force them under to get something else from the state.

While I cant argue with that, it's just not an option for me.

I dont know any other way of explaining it, but not fishing is not an option. Period. It's really that simple.

Not being a steelhead or river guy I find that I can fish as much as I want year round and have plenty of good fishing. More so because of my willingness to work than any great options presented by the work of WDFW.

I fish. That is what I love to do. It's what I live for. To not do so, or to fish two or three times a year while traveling, just isn't going to happen for me. Am I supporting bad WDFW behavior because of this? Probably. But that's a better option than taking up skiing, golf, hiking, bird watching or any other activity. It's just the way it is.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts