Just a heads up

jasmillo

WFF Supporter
How long has this been happening in the area? Seems like every year since I have been here. Between the naval yard and the city of Bremerton, the whole area is a complete sh*tshow...

How about stop working on the highways around Tacoma and deal with the issues that lead to raw sewage being dumped into Puget Sound on a bi-monthly basis...

Nick Clayton

WFF Supporter
Has there been a sewage spill at the shipyard that I missed? I spent 10 years working there, many directly with sewage discharges, and dont recall a single major spill. Not saying it hasn't happened, just that I dont recall.

I also worked in the nuclear side of things and while the shipyard isn't perfect, you'd be amazed the lengths they go to to keep anything and everything out of Puget Sound. I can bad mouth that place with the best if them, but they do take their environmental protection efforts very seriously.

Overall though I totally agree. It's pretty baffling that this continues to happen. Having spent many years working in a similar field I cant wrap my mind around how this could keep happening on such a major level.

Jake

WFF Supporter
Overall though I totally agree. It's pretty baffling that this continues to happen. Having spent many years working in a similar field I cant wrap my mind around how this could keep happening on such a major level.
On a semi-related note, if anyone knows how to keep salmon and steelhead from routinely spilling, Cooke Aquaculture could benefit.

jasmillo

WFF Supporter
Has there been a sewage spill at the shipyard that I missed? I spent 10 years working there, many directly with sewage discharges, and dont recall a single major spill. Not saying it hasn't happened, just that I dont recall.

I also worked in the nuclear side of things and while the shipyard isn't perfect, you'd be amazed the lengths they go to to keep anything and everything out of Puget Sound. I can bad mouth that place with the best if them, but they do take their environmental protection efforts very seriously.

I think there has been at least a couple discovered recently. One of the articles below says the Suquamish documented 7 major spills. Some articles below on a few of them. Could not find info on seven.

Last edited:

5weight

Fishing might be kind of shitty there this weekend.
SF

That's at least 3 times in one year. Who's minding the store? Dyes and Sinclair inlets are turning into an open sewer. Is this the third world? According to a Health Dept. worker I spoke to last summer, sewage spills contain viruses as well as bacteria. Hence the week long beach closures.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts