Old waders

kamishak steve

I have three pairs of simms, one pair of Dan Bailey, and one old pair of cloud veil waders that leak in some way or another and weren't repaired due to inoperable crotch leaks. Just wondering if there is a gore tex recycling for all that good material.

Greg Armstrong

WFF Supporter
Emerald Waters fly shop in west Seattle had a recycling program for waders a few years ago as I recall. You might try getting ahold of them.

Greg Price

Love da little fishies
Several years ago I saw a company that recycled old waders into wallets. Sorry I cannot remember where I saw them.

Irafly

Indi "Ira" Jones
WFF Supporter
They also make great rain pants when they are not fully submerged. I cut the booties off the bottom of one pair and use them for dirty wet work out in the yard. They also made great rain gear on a tuna trip, in fact they still smell a bit like tuna.

kamishak steve

They also make great rain pants when they are not fully submerged. I cut the booties off the bottom of one pair and use them for dirty wet work out in the yard. They also made great rain gear on a tuna trip, in fact they still smell a bit like tuna.
I've done this before and they really are the best rain bibs.

Bagman

A friend of mine took his old waders and cut the booted off and uses surf booties for surf fishing, he says they are much safer if you get knocked down by a wave.

mtnsaremyhome

Fantastic idea!