Trip Report Had Christmas Island all to ourselves

Wife and I went back to CI to end out the year, I missed two days of fishing last year due to sun poisoning. This year we had the whole atoll to ourselves as every lodge was closed with the exception of Christmas Island Outfitters, we went Dec. 25th to Jan. 2nd. We had a blast and landed about 12 different species. The wife knocked them dead with a Golden Trevally. Here are some pics enjoy.

Attachments

• Day 2 DSCF0358.JPG
    Day 2 DSCF0358.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 426
  • Day 2 Jane Blue Trevalley.JPG
    Day 2 Jane Blue Trevalley.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 443
  • Day 3 Jane Biggest Bone Day 3 6plus lbs.JPG
    Day 3 Jane Biggest Bone Day 3 6plus lbs.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 451
  • Day 3 Jane Golden and Boat.JPG
    Day 3 Jane Golden and Boat.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 458
  • Day 3 Mike Big Bone Day 3.JPG
    Day 3 Mike Big Bone Day 3.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 457
  • Day 3 Mike GT 40lb Side View.JPG
    Day 3 Mike GT 40lb Side View.JPG
    762.7 KB · Views: 458
  • Day 5 Mike Sweet Lips.JPG
    Day 5 Mike Sweet Lips.JPG
    649.3 KB · Views: 449
  • Day 5 Mike Wrasse.JPG
    Day 5 Mike Wrasse.JPG
    5.9 MB · Views: 434
  • Day 6 12 Manta Rays.JPG
    Day 6 12 Manta Rays.JPG
    573.1 KB · Views: 427
  • Day 6 Jane Sweet Lips.JPG
    Day 6 Jane Sweet Lips.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 416
  • Day 6 Jane Trigger Yellow Martin.JPG
    Day 6 Jane Trigger Yellow Martin.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 403

Mems

I am going to Fiji on March 10th. We land in CI and then on to Nadi. Fiji air said I am fine as long as I stay on the flight. Because I am from Hawaii I could stay in CI with a doctors clearance. I plan on bringing a doctors note with me just in case the plane gets stuck. Bummer for anyone who booked CI.

Here Fishee!

I am going to Fiji on March 10th. We land in CI and then on to Nadi. Fiji air said I am fine as long as I stay on the flight. Because I am from Hawaii I could stay in CI with a doctors clearance. I plan on bringing a doctors note with me just in case the plane gets stuck. Bummer for anyone who booked CI.

Good luck, do let us know how it goes and take lots of pics to make us all salivate! My trip isn’t until June; I’m hoping all of this clears before then.

To the OP (@philosking) - glad you guys had a fantastic time and epic fish landed. Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts