OPST Groove

Bob Rankin

Tuglife
WFF Supporter
Anyone using this line for trout Spey or other spey rigs?

thoughts?

I've been using it a couple months on my trout Spey rig. So far I’m digging the shit out of it. It’s super nice and easy to cast, almost effortless. This line seems to get deep and slow!

I've landed a few of my biggest trout on rivers with this line.For my casting stroke I like the 12’ sink tips. I’m thinking I might need a few more for other rods.

steve s

WFF Supporter
I haven't heard of the groove yet, but from your description it sounds similar to the Airflo FIST. Is that correct? I hadn't even thought of using a line like that on a trout spey. I had been using a FIST line on my steelhead set up for the past few years and really liked it. But, with the steelhead numbers so low I've been heading back towards trout the past few seasons and have been having a blast. Just purchased a trout spey and can't wait to get out on the water with it. I'll have to look into the groove.

Bob Rankin

Tuglife
WFF Supporter
I haven't heard of the groove yet, but from your description it sounds similar to the Airflo FIST. Is that correct? I hadn't even thought of using a line like that on a trout spey. I had been using a FIST line on my steelhead set up for the past few years and really liked it. But, with the steelhead numbers so low I've been heading back towards trout the past few seasons and have been having a blast. Just purchased a trout spey and can't wait to get out on the water with it. I'll have to look into the groove.

I have the fist as well for my trout Spey, it’s a great line. But the Groove has an intermediate section on the front and with a sink tip it will dig deep and slow.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts