The New Seattle NHL Team Name...

Old Man

A very Old Man
WFF Supporter
Kraken wasn't my #1 choice, I thought Sockeyes would have been a better name. I didn't like the pirates of the carribean connection and the existing trendy rum brand. But Kraken isn't terrible. Plus, it avoids the "Vancouver Canucks Orca eats Seattle Sockeyes" issue. A Kraken can hold it's own against the giant dophin.

S logo is okay, tiny bit cheesy, but not awful. Colors are good. That secondary anchor logo with the space needle is awesome. I want that on a hat.

Having that red in there is a nice departure from standard sounders/hawks/mariners/canucks blue style. Glad they stayed away from green as an accent for the same reason.

Honestly, the S logo grows on me a bit the more I see it. Especially on the jersey, where it looks better than just standalone to my eye. And I did hear that it was a throwback to the Metropolitians logo, which is a nice bit of historical connection for the team.

View attachment 248207

View attachment 248208
The anchor is the space needle. I thought it was just the top of the anchor.

psycho

I can see the head lines, "they buzzed around the ice like they were on krak ". "they sure kraked that game open ". Hell there are hundreds of them.:D "This team is not all it's kraked up to be ":D

Porter

Open sound bite..... Disturbed ‘ Down with the sickness ‘ after second gutorial squeal ...the sound bite of Liam Neeson. “ -Release the Kraken” Blue laser lights galore and little blue Oompa Loompas projected on the ceiling skating around just for those in a certain buddahish demographic!!
Oh man I can dig hockey. Hell yeah ufdah!!!!!

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Weird watchIng MLB tonight with a empty stadium and cardboard fans behind the plate.
Kind of reminds me of the past 17 empty seasons the Mariners have given us.
Hopefully the Kraken can do better as a franchise.
It would be difficult to be worse......
SF

Last edited:

Sportsman

I can see the head lines, "they buzzed around the ice like they were on krak ". "they sure kraked that game open ". Hell there are hundreds of them.:D "This team is not all it's kraked up to be ":D
They'll be called Krackers by the rest of the league.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts