The New Seattle NHL Team Name...

kyle kerr

Thanks for the serious response to my facetious post.

I do believe there was an NBA team for decades without an NHL team. Also, I would be willing to bet an appendage if the NHL never came back to Seattle, the NBA would. To big a market and too much young money rolling around the city for them not too.

I was just joking though. In the end, although I am not a big hockey fan, I am happy the NHL is coming.
You’re right there was a nba team but key arena wasn’t adequate for a nba team anymore. Needed to be updated, and they couldn’t get financing to upgrade the arena so Hansen bought a bunch of land and nothing came of it, nhl arena ( key arena) was privately funded by oak view group 0 tax payer dollars. NBA said they will most likely come if there is a arena so nhl comes and they throw a bone for basketball fans and say they will make it suitable for nba teams too. Sooo this is a easy way for nba to come we now have an arena for both and need nba to expand.

I’ve played hockey my whole life and am kinda nervous for this I think people will be shocked when they see how expensive tickets are, I went to Vegas and watched the n of hrs game and nosebleed tickets were 110 and nhl plays like 40 home games that’s a lot of dough!

jasmillo

WFF Supporter
You’re right there was a nba team but key arena wasn’t adequate for a nba team anymore. Needed to be updated, and they couldn’t get financing to upgrade the arena so Hansen bought a bunch of land and nothing came of it, nhl arena ( key arena) was privately funded by oak view group 0 tax payer dollars. NBA said they will most likely come if there is a arena so nhl comes and they throw a bone for basketball fans and say they will make it suitable for nba teams too. Sooo this is a easy way for nba to come we now have an arena for both and need nba to expand.

I’ve played hockey my whole life and am kinda nervous for this I think people will be shocked when they see how expensive tickets are, I went to Vegas and watched the n of hrs game and nosebleed tickets were 110 and nhl plays like 40 home games that’s a lot of dough!

I get ya but the NBA will come back to Seattle. NHL or not. To much opportunity here. The next team that needs to be moved or the next expansion will include Seattle. Any team put here will likely have a multi billion dollar valuation and a rabid fan base with money. The economics are way different than 2008.

I grew up in CT and had the opportunity to go to a few Hartford Whalers games as a kid (go Whale!). I really liked live hockey but never got into it otherwise. Worth the price of a ticket though.

Seattle Salt Dogs
Seattle Blackfish
Seattle Squatch
Seattle Slickers
Seattle......sh*t, did Boeing build this plane....

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info