The New Seattle NHL Team Name...

David Loy

Senior Moment
I could live with The Kraken, but I like The Freeze or the Seattle Slide better.
Been to only one hockey game, 40 years ago, in Utah. Was an eye opener for sure. Pretty much a backdrop for a brawl. A mix of soccer or football and the WWF, with clubs. I might go once in a while, depending on ticket price.

Last edited:

David Loy

Senior Moment
Haha. Not sure about the JPs cause I don’t think anyone else would get it, but I LOVE “Gertrude’s Locker”. That could even work with The Kraken, for local flavor. Either for the bench or a section in the stands.

dflett68

WFF Supporter
Been to only one hockey game, 40 years ago, in Utah. Was an eye opener for sure. Pretty much a backdrop for a brawl. A mix of soccer or football and the WWF, with clubs. I might go once in a while, depending on ticket price.

minor league hockey is a poor point of reference for what it's like to see an nhl game live. when you go to a minor league game, there might be 2-3 kids on either team who are legit nhl prospects. it's slow and bogged down by desperate kids still hoping to punch their ticket by punching faces. nhl - the combination skill and contact at incredible high speed can't be had in any other sport. it's electric and 1000X more interesting than a fight. thankfully the aforementioned real elements of sport are marginalizing fighting out of the game as the goons can't keep up. give it a chance from a decent vantage point and it will be a revelation.

Jojo

A sometimes eternal optimist
WFF Supporter
‘The Gridlocks’
....or how about just ‘Traffic’?
....or ‘The Grays’
‘The Cutthroats’
‘Seattle Skies’ (reminds me of that song from that stupid 60’s show, ‘Here Comes the Brides’.

I really like ‘Seattle Freeze’ The best.

Shad

Liking Kraken more every time I hear it/ say it. Some minor league team in Idaho stole Steelhead, so we can't have that. There's apparently a copyright issue with Sockeye, too....

NW_flyfisher

if it's not this, then what?
I vote for the new name to be truly representative of the Seattle culture.

So, I suggest:

-The Scraggly Man Buns
-Left-Lane Priuses
-The Vegans
-The Homeless
or The Seattle Snobs, The Entitled Affluents, Road Ragers

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info