The New Seattle NHL Team Name...

wetline dave

Just curious, How many of you are actually interested enough to drop $100.00 on a ticket and then who no's what on parking, program, munchies etc. Take a wife and 2 kids and you just dropped close to $500.00.

I use to go to the Totem games in the Coliseum and I think tickets were like $7 or $8 and parking was free where you found it. Sonic games weren't much more, maybe $12 to $15.

The cost of going to a pro sports venue has grown so far beyond a lot of peoples means it is depressing!

Guess why I am against any and all pro sport franchises. From the totally ridiculous pay to the over glorification of pro athletes it is a poor commentary on our societies values. The tax payer subsidizing one way or another rich men's arenas under the guise of the great thing they are bringing to the region.

Peyton00

I am excited for the NHL in Seattle. The wife and i take a trip each season to watch a hockey game. Its worth the price of admission and the cost of the flights, hotel, rental car and food etc.

D

dld

Just curious, How many of you are actually interested enough to drop $100.00 on a ticket and then who no's what on parking, program, munchies etc. Take a wife and 2 kids and you just dropped close to $500.00.

I use to go to the Totem games in the Coliseum and I think tickets were like $7 or $8 and parking was free where you found it. Sonic games weren't much more, maybe $12 to $15.

The cost of going to a pro sports venue has grown so far beyond a lot of peoples means it is depressing!

Guess why I am against any and all pro sport franchises. From the totally ridiculous pay to the over glorification of pro athletes it is a poor commentary on our societies values. The tax payer subsidizing one way or another rich men's arenas under the guise of the great thing they are bringing to the region.

I'm pretty much with you on this whole commentary. I've been to two pro sports games, I didn't buy either ticket. My uncle took me and my coworker to a Packers pre-season game the year after Favre won the Superbowl as a bonus/work party. A friend had an extra Sounders playoff ticket, I bought his beers.

Most sports bore me pretty quickly. Soccer and hockey are two that don't. I doubt I'll ever go to a hockey game, but if I do it will be because friends are going. Just the though of having to find parking anywhere near a sports event is enough to make me want to stay away. Both times I have been at pro events, I parked at least two miles away and took the heel-toe express.

As for drinking and eating at stadiums, I can do without either. Having an adult beverage or three is nice, but I have never bought any food at games. I usually don't when I go to nice music venues, either (though I did at Dmitriou's Jazz Alley a couple of times and wasn't disappointed).

I will say that I find it hard to argue that the athletes and coaches are overpaid. The owners make much more than they put out. The only way this is happening is that they still sell tickets, TV passes, jerseys, food, beverage, etc.. Free market and all, the consumers are accepting the price, which goes back to your commentary on societal values.

I guess to answer your question, no, I likely never will attend a hockey game in Seattle. I'll still be a Flyers fan, but they probably won't play in Seattle often.

Jojo

A sometimes eternal optimist
WFF Supporter

I’m not interested at all at going to see the hockey games in person. And I’m not interested in watching the Seahawks play either at the stadium and it’s not just because of the money. I hate huge crowds.

However, i do think i will really enjoy watching hockey, especially if we have some really cool players i will enjoy, as i do with the Seahawks.

Hem

Went to a Bruins game one year in conjunction with some striped bass fishing on the North Shore.
Never will I go again. The venues are fairly small to begin with so the noise level is concentrated. Brief loud music(dont mind this), announcers yelling, advertisements flashing away. It was a chaotic assault on my senses. Tough to focus on the game.
Guess I will stick with baseball.
Mariners/ Red Sox in April.

Sportsman

Went to a Bruins game one year in conjunction with some striped bass fishing on the North Shore.
Never will I go again. The venues are fairly small to begin with so the noise level is concentrated. Brief loud music(dont mind this), announcers yelling, advertisements flashing away. It was a chaotic assault on my senses. Tough to focus on the game.
Guess I will stick with baseball.
Mariners/ Red Sox in April.
Boring laid-back baseball is a great way to spend a day. Even with earplugs, I can hardly stand the noise at a Seahawk game any more. Forget about an NBA game, with an announcer equating every basket to curing cancer. If I wanted that bullshit, I'd go to a monster truck rally.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts