The New Seattle NHL Team Name...

Googaplex

Zzzzzzzz....
Seattle Microagressors

They talk about shooting the puck but can't shoot it because it's black, and well, shooting something other than heroin isn't cool.

Heroin is black fyi, just sayin...

Out of all the suggestions so far my vote is for Seattle Freeze

moon1284

minor league hockey is a poor point of reference for what it's like to see an nhl game live. when you go to a minor league game, there might be 2-3 kids on either team who are legit nhl prospects. it's slow and bogged down by desperate kids still hoping to punch their ticket by punching faces. nhl - the combination skill and contact at incredible high speed can't be had in any other sport. it's electric and 1000X more interesting than a fight. thankfully the aforementioned real elements of sport are marginalizing fighting out of the game as the goons can't keep up. give it a chance from a decent vantage point and it will be a revelation.

Fighting is an important part of hockey and should always be a part of the game. The fans in Calgary looked pretty disgusted last night eh?

Hockey was a much better game 30 years ago. Its turning into soccer.

Creatch'r

Unhinged Member
Seattle SJW’s. Everyone will be offended, no one will win, but there will be a fantastic plant based menu, $14 IPA’s, and a guy named Rex on a fixed gear bike that has bottom shelf cocaine for $90 a gram. No it doesn’t come in a plastic bag.

dflett68

WFF Supporter
Fighting is an important part of hockey and should always be a part of the game. The fans in Calgary looked pretty disgusted last night eh?

Hockey was a much better game 30 years ago. Its turning into soccer.

what's happening in the battle of alberta right now is great for hockey, and it will lead to fighting - between players who can play and fight because they are pissed and there's a will to hold dirty players like tkachuk accountable for dirty play. that's organic and it's a version of fighting i don't mind at all. having someone on the roster who fights when he's not pissed, that's stupid - if that kind of thing pumps your blood, might as well watch some other manufactured drama - kardashians, dr. phil, wrestling...the options are endless.

moon1284

So you would rather watch this season than say 92-93?

Just picking a random season that I remember...

Looking it up mcsorrely led the nhl in pims with 399. Also had 41 points.

Lemieux lead with points - 160
Selanne and Mogilny tied with goals - 76

The reason there is no fighting now isnt because the game is cleaner or guys are better its because 3rd and 4th line guys who are a dime a dozen have it in their head from a young age they are too talented to have to fight. They are soft.

Why do you think zack kassian is playing with McDavid? Its not for his scoring.

Meanwhile buffalo has eichel and dahlin and eichel has had to fight and dahlin missed several games due to a concussion.

Edmonton has a tough guy on line 1, buffalo has a tough guy in the ahl (maybe).

dflett68

WFF Supporter
So you would rather watch this season than say 92-93?

Just picking a random season that I remember...

Looking it up mcsorrely led the nhl in pims with 399. Also had 41 points.

Lemieux lead with points - 160
Selanne and Mogilny tied with goals - 76

The reason there is no fighting now isnt because the game is cleaner or guys are better its because 3rd and 4th line guys who are a dime a dozen have it in their head from a young age they are too talented to have to fight. They are soft.

Why do you think zack kassian is playing with McDavid? Its not for his scoring.

Meanwhile buffalo has eichel and dahlin and eichel has had to fight and dahlin missed several games due to a concussion.

Edmonton has a tough guy on line 1, buffalo has a tough guy in the ahl (maybe).

i already watched 92-93. so yes, i'd prefer present reality to living in the past and whining about the so-called toughness required to fight over nothing and give players like mario a big hug in the neutral zone so they couldn't play. btw, nobody hated the way the league was then more than mario - he retired because of it - and it was all about the slow footed guys unable to keep up just clutching/grabbing the players who can skate.

remember rich pilon (sp?) two handed swinging his stick like a light saber trying to kill mario? that was some great hockey boy. i miss that, when guys were so tough.

barry melrose could have got 41 points on wayne's line that year. you know it too. kassian is projecting to 50 points this year, for $3M. that's pretty good. i bet he can skate. the game was different then for sure, and it was slower then, for sure. the real hockey players hated it. the "tough guys" who only had a job cause they would fight for cheers and jeers loved it. it made their nhl dream come true even though they couldn't play hockey - imagine that! most of them were kindof a mess though, in real life. so, whatever that kind of "toughness" is worth.

Sportsman

I wish soccer players watched hockey. Instead of the ' flop', they would get up and start a brawl. 2 different games (and the NBA) that will never take away from my fishing time or my money.

Gyrfalcon21

Honoring Vets
Maybe Johnny Depp can drop the first puck and someone can punch him in the face!! That would set forward NHL hockey in Seattle the right way -no soccer flopping crap here!

"Somebody hit somebody!" - battle cry of many a hockey fan over the generations

Porter

Maybe Johnny Depp can drop the first puck and someone can punch him in the face!! That would set forward NHL hockey in Seattle the right way -no soccer flopping crap here!

"Somebody hit somebody!" - battle cry of many a hockey fan over the generations

Its not a contact sport ....its a collision sport!

dflett68

WFF Supporter
i was really afraid they'd go this way. for me, the worst of any of the names in the running. good news is, colors are good, logos are fine, jersey looks good - and the name doesn't appear to be on the jersey, so i can wear one without wearing a team name that sounds like it was chosen by a 12 year old. will be a thrill to be able to take in nhl hockey here in seattle. i think the local minor league fan base they probably picked this name for are going to be disappointed by the style of play and by ticket prices, but time will tell.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts