The New Seattle NHL Team Name...

dflett68

WFF Supporter
Today the Seattle sports fans have something to cheer about.

Tomorrow may bring groans and moans.
it's the opposite for me. all that's been announced today is a terrible name. what lies somewhere in a vague "tomorrow" - is real hockey.

NRC

WFF Supporter
Today the Seattle sports fans have something to cheer about.

Tomorrow may bring groans and moans.
Is this a reference to the rumored reinstatement of stay home stay safe that I’ve been hearing about? Gonna be a dark day if they shut fishing down again.

Sportsman

The new owners have all that money and they are that stupid?? Laughing stock of every sports team in the world and not one brawl yet!

dflett68

WFF Supporter
The new owners have all that money and they are that stupid?? Laughing stock of every sports team in the world and not one brawl yet!
one of the new owners is jerry bruckheimer, producer of a series of highly profitable disney movies which may explain the name choice....cross-branding? can you say, mighty ducks?

Tristan Mikoleit

WFF Supporter
I don't care about names that much in sports, it will feel natural in 10 years. I'm just excited to finally have a stake in hockey so I can get in to the sport.

Sportsman

one of the new owners is jerry bruckheimer, producer of a series of highly profitable disney movies which may explain the name choice....cross-branding? can you say, mighty ducks?
"Mighty Ducks" would be infinitely better, but they'd get sued by Orygun!!

gt

stupid name. but no worries, at the proposed ticket prices they need not worry about my attending any games of a mythical, ahh, team.

Josh

dead in the water
WFF Moderator
Kraken wasn't my #1 choice, I thought Sockeyes would have been a better name. I didn't like the pirates of the carribean connection and the existing trendy rum brand. But Kraken isn't terrible. Plus, it avoids the "Vancouver Canucks Orca eats Seattle Sockeyes" issue. A Kraken can hold it's own against the giant dophin.

S logo is okay, tiny bit cheesy, but not awful. Colors are good. That secondary anchor logo with the space needle is awesome. I want that on a hat.

Having that red in there is a nice departure from standard sounders/hawks/mariners/canucks blue style. Glad they stayed away from green as an accent for the same reason.

Honestly, the S logo grows on me a bit the more I see it. Especially on the jersey, where it looks better than just standalone to my eye. And I did hear that it was a throwback to the Metropolitians logo, which is a nice bit of historical connection for the team.

Messages Image(654768348).png

Messages Image(898808854).png

Gyrfalcon21

Honoring Vets
Am sure the logo will change just as the Mariners changed theirs every so often, as did the Seahawks- less frequently. A ton of money in merchandise and it is always a good thing for a shake up and a new round of jerseys and memorabilia for the fan base. Especially in the modern era. $$

I am pretty happy for the initial look. Could have been far worse, liked to have seen some sort of older font style-looking, but I am..older vintage myself.

"Drop The Puck, Buckethead !" (practicing yelling at linesman from 40 yards away who can't hear me at a faceoff).

Do they play the intro to "Smells Like Teen Spirit" when a goal is scored?

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts