Need help sourcing a blank

Frenchie

Good day everyone,

First time posting in this forum, long story short I went down a rabbit hole yesterday and ended up at a dead end.

I'm looking for a 9' 10" 4 piece 4 weight blank that was sold by Anglers Roost. As many of you know John passed away some time ago and Anglers roost seems to be no longer running. I found a lead suggesting YEOLDEFLYSHOP but that was a bust also.

Anybody have this blank? Or know of it is available somewhere? Or know of an alternate source for inexpensive blanks? I know of blanks by roger but the shipping kills me being in canada and his selection seems rather limited ATM.

Hoping I can track down 1 or 3 of these blanks.

Thanks,

Jon

rawalker

Try Get Bent Fly Shop.
Not sure if he has that exact configuration, but he has a bunch of different graphite and fiberglass blanks, cheap.
PLUS he has a 20% off sale going on for a couple more days.
I don't need any more rods, but that might be too good of f deal to pass up.

Frenchie

Try Get Bent Fly Shop.
Not sure if he has that exact configuration, but he has a bunch of different graphite and fiberglass blanks, cheap.
PLUS he has a 20% off sale going on for a couple more days.
I don't need any more rods, but that might be too good of f deal to pass up.
Thank you, I'll have a look-see,

Jon

PhilR

I’ve been wondering about anglers roost too. Somebody is paying to keep the website up, and I can’t help but think that there’s a bunch of inventory yearning to be used.

Frenchie

I've scoured some sights and definately found some comparable blanks but I'm still on the hunt for the 9'10" 4 weight.... if anyone has any leads, im all ears. =)

Jon

Nooksack Mac

eBay has many fly (and other) rod blanks, listed and selling every day. a 10 foot 4 weight shouldn't be hard to find. I've bought blanks there for around $10 and up.

Joe H

I saw a couple of ARE blanks on ebay yesterday, but can't recall which models.
If no longer availible why not just cut 1" off each end of a 10' blank to make it the desired 9'10"? Very easy to do and removing 1" will make zero difference in action.

Good luck in your search.

Bonsai

Jerry
Nice to see you want to try out bamboo. I am curious about a 9'10" - 4wt bamboo rod, bamboo rods are usually shorter. I love my 6' - 2wt that I picked up from Anglers Roost a couple of years ago.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts