Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Vintage Scott Rod FS - Price Drop on G1008

FS 
2K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  OhioFlyGuy 
#1 · (Edited)
The Madmen Chapter #477 of TU has been gifted a stash of rods/reels by the widow of a late member. We decided that the best use of them would be to raise funds for our chapter's conservation, restoration, veterans, education, and charitable efforts. Several of the rods a have been purchased by chapter members or used as raffle prizes at our meetings. We are now offering the following rods for sale to the public.

Scott G905 9'-0" 5-wt 2-pc graphite, Serial Number 21049. This rod is one of the original G-Series rods first produced in 1976. This particular rod is dated '01 which I believe means that it was made in Scott's second factory in Berkeley. Scott continued production of this rod series until 2006 when it was replaced by the G2-Series. Condition is Excellent ++ with with a ferrule gap of approx. 1/4". Includes the original aluminum tube and cloth rod sock. Sold.

Scott G1008 PowR-Ply
10'-0" 8-wt 2-pc graphite, Serial Number 16761. Also one of the original G-Series rods, it is dated '79 which I believe means that it was made in Scott's original San Francisco factory. Condition is Excellent with a ferrule gap of approx. 3/8" but there is a slight cosmetic scratch in the finish of the butt section near the grip which prevents me from calling it Excellent ++. Includes the original aluminum tube and cloth rod sock. $275.00 plus actual shipping.

IMG_4857.JPG
IMG_4858.JPG
IMG_4859.JPG

No trades. Paypal preferred. If you're interested, PM me with your shipping address and I'll let you know what the shipping shipping costs would be. Thank you.

See less See more
#2 ·
I rec

ognized that bamboo rod and went downstairs to my group of rods and sure enough my father had that same rod and it came with a tan canvas sock and the fabric label on this one says A1362B and also it has the 2 tips and its a 3 piece. I think he probably got this in either the early to mid 1950s. I am tempted for nostalgia to pick it up and use it versus the one my father had and I break his rod.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.