FS Older Ross and SA Reels/Spare Spools - All Sold - Thanks!

The Madmen Chapter #477 of TU has been gifted a stash of rods/reels by the widow of a late member. We decided that the best use of them would be to raise funds for our chapter's conservation, restoration, veterans, education, and charitable efforts. A few reels were used as raffle prizes at our meetings. We are now offering the following reels/spare spools for sale to the public. All prices include secure shipping to CONUS.

Unless noted otherwise, most of the reels and spare spools exhibit varying signs of use. The exceptions are the Ross Cimarron 3 and Gunnison G-5 reels and the SA spare spools that appear to be either unfished and/or in mint condition. All are mechanically sound and fully functional. All of the reels include backing and line. About half of the spare spools include backing and line as well. Some of the lines are of unknown brand, type and line weight. All of the reels are set up for RHW but can be converted to LHW.

Ross Reels/Spare Spools:

The Cimarron C-2 reels (sized for 4 to 6-wt lines) listed below will be paired with one of the spare spools listed below and sold as a combo. Pick one of the reels and one of the spools. $125.00. If you want to buy more than one spare spool, please PM me.

Cimarron C-2 (#1) reel w/ backing, "buckskin” line of unknown weight and neoprene pouch. Sold.
Cimarron C-2
(#2) reel w/ backing, Orvis Wonderline WF5F “Trout” line and neoprene pouch. Sold.
Cimarron 2
(#1) reel w/ backing, Cortland 444SL WF4F Rocket Fusee line and neoprene pouch. Sold.
Cimarron 2
(#2) reel w/ backing, Cortland 444SL WF6F Rocket Fusee line and neoprene pouch. Sold.

Four spare spools for Cimarron 2/C-2 reels; three with backing and unknown lines, one empty spool. The empty spool may have never been used and includes a neoprene pouch. Sold.

Cimarron 3
reel (sized for 5 to 7-wt lines) w/ backing, Cortland 444SL WF7F Rocket Fusee line and neoprene pouch. Reel and line appear to be unused. Sold.

Gunnison 5
reel (sized for 7 to 9-wt lines) w/ backing, unknown line and neoprene pouch. Sold.

Gunnison G-5
reel (sized for 7 to 9-wt lines) w/ backing, Cortland 444SL WF10F Rocket Fusee line and neoprene pouch. Reel and line appear to be unused. Sold.

Scientific Anglers Reels/Spare Spools:

System Two 8/9
reel w/ backing and Cortland 444SL WF9F Rocket Fusee line and Spare Spool. Sold.
System Two 8/9
reel w/ backing and unknown WF9F line. Sold.

System Two 10/11
reel w/ backing and Cortland 444SL WF10F Rocket Fusee line and Spare Spool. Sold.

trades. Paypal preferred. PM me with questions. Thank you.

Last edited:
Lots of views but no takers on this post and the earlier post with the photo upload issues that has since been deleted. Therefore, I am dropping prices on all of these.

BDD

If my reading comprehension is correct, there are two Gunnison's for sale? What is the difference between the 5 and the G-5? It looks like one is a little nicer than the other, hence the $15 difference in cost. If all that is correct, I'd like the one for $150, if still available. But I did want to confirm if there was a difference between the two (5 and G-5).

Sale is still pending. I'm expecting to receive payment today or tomorrow. If so, then I'll mark it as "Sold". If sale doesn't go through, I will contact you.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info