Trump is smarter than the generals.
Trump is smarter than the FBI and CIA.
Trump is smarter than the scientist.
Trump knows more than the EPA.

Dont worry be happy.

YIKES!!!!!

Salmo_g

WFF Supporter
Trump and Obama both erred in trying to clarify legislative intent by Executive Order. The general Conservative interpretation of the CWA is that it applies only to Federally Designated Navigable Waters. Other interpretations are that it applies to waters that are navigable in fact, a standard that includes far more waters of the United States than those that the Corps of Engineers has designated as federally navigable. It would be most appropriate for Congress to clarify the legislative intent of the CWA. However, that ain't gonna' happen as long as the GOP controls either one of the Houses of Congress, since they are typically aligned with polluters.

FinLuver

Kicked
Trump and Obama both erred in trying to clarify legislative intent by Executive Order. The general Conservative interpretation of the CWA is that it applies only to Federally Designated Navigable Waters. Other interpretations are that it applies to waters that are navigable in fact, a standard that includes far more waters of the United States than those that the Corps of Engineers has designated as federally navigable. It would be most appropriate for Congress to clarify the legislative intent of the CWA. However, that ain't gonna' happen as long as the GOP controls either one of the Houses of Congress, since they are typically aligned with polluters.
Wow....blanket statement much?

Gene S

It would be most appropriate for Congress to clarify the legislative intent of the CWA. However, that ain't gonna' happen as long as the GOP controls either one of the Houses of Congress, since they are typically aligned with polluters.
A bill was introduced in 2019. If the GOP regains the house, maintains the Senate, we could very well have a bill passed which will provide Congressional predictability. Let's hope.
"Define WOTUS Act" https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/116/s2356/text

Last edited:

Zak

A bill was introduced in 2019. If the GOP regains the house, maintains the Senate, we could very well have a bill passed which will provide Congressional predictability. Let's hope.
"Define WOTUS Act" https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/116/s2356/text
Let's hope that the GOP can succeed in restricting the reach of the Clean Water Act? I'm definitely not with you there! I get that not everybody agrees with me and I respect differences in opinion, but it seems clear to me that today's GOP is set on gutting our environmental laws, including the CWA (and NEPA, and the ESA, and the CAA). The bill you are touting would go a long way toward ensuring the approval of the Pebble Mine. I think that's a bad thing, myself.

Salmo_g

WFF Supporter
Wow....blanket statement much?
And just how long is the list of contemporary GOP members whose track records align with environmental protection and conservation? Whenever I see a GOPer supporting anything environmental, it is usually limited so that the status quo of degradation and destruction can proceed as usual. I wish it were different.

FinLuver

Kicked
And just how long is the list of contemporary GOP members whose track records align with environmental protection and conservation? Whenever I see a GOPer supporting anything environmental, it is usually limited so that the status quo of degradation and destruction can proceed as usual. I wish it were different.
Sure are A LOT Democrats poundin’ the N Umpqua and other rivers for steelhead, drivin’ their polluting cars, takin’ dirty jets and planes, etc., etc.

All in the name of conservation.

How’s that for a blanket statement??
;)

kpb

No context or explanation.
The old "I'll use the you're a bunch of hypocrite's ploy".
Can't come up with anything better?

Zak

"drivin’ their polluting cars, takin’ dirty jets and planes"

That's the transportation system we have, and it sucks. One side of the political spectrum is advocating for more and better public transportation, higher for efficiency standards, high speed light rail, etc. The other side is trying to kill those things. Which side do you want to be on? The "argument" quoted above amounts to "if you're not perfect, you have no business trying to make the world a better place." Well I'm never going to be perfect and I work with the world as it is, while trying to do my small part to leave it better than I found it (but fat chance of that, it seems ).
n85re.So.79.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts