Lynnwood Show

Porter

Topic for another forum, not this one...try Facebook.
Yeah I know. Sorry Roper. apologize to others, my comment had nothing to do with you personally. I’ll Leave it at that and not to revisit this thread. This was Lynnwood show thread and I got lost (sounds questionable I bet).

Zak

When the show was at Bellevue you could grab rods and go cast behind booths. Instructors or knowledgeable people would watch and aid you. You had more mfgers reps with products discussing their products and technology individually with you and some would be discounted if purchased at the show You could get stuck at a booth for 30 minutes. It just seemed to be more of an adventure with little pressure then and now it is a shopping mall atmosphere for lack of a better term.

I think I feel better taking an extra day and driving my uneducated aerodynamics ass to destinations !!! And I’ll have some leg and seat room to boot !!!
Thanks for the description!

Hendodesign

Yeah. Don’t expect to find deals. Went Saturday and this was my second year. The seminars felt a little redundant to the year before so I checked out a few of the fly tying demos. Was bummed there wasn’t more Pacific Northwest brands and vendors. No sage / reddington / rio. No g Loomis. No islander .... also not a lot of good opportunities to test new gear. I was stoked to see one of my favored guides from Reds. That was a cool and unexpected surprise.

Reactions: Zak

Roper

Idiot Savant
WFF Supporter
Yeah I know. Sorry Roper. apologize to others, my comment had nothing to do with you personally. I’ll Leave it at that and not to revisit this thread. This was Lynnwood show thread and I got lost (sounds questionable I bet).
Peace Bro’...

miyawaki

The Lynnwood show has reached it's max capacity in a small venue. I think it's even smaller than the Bellevue show was.

The problem is the show lacks the manufacturers - Simms; Sage/Reddington/Rio; Scott; Winston; Ex-Officio; Abel; TFO; Korkers; Orvis/Scientific Anglers; Aquaz; Ross; etc. If they could be talked into the coming to the Puyallup show we would have a flyfishing (and everything else) show worth going. Once they come the retailers will follow and so will we.

Why Puyallup? Ample parking. Lot's of space for vendors and casting. Larger regional audience.

Leland.

Old Man

A very Old Man
WFF Supporter
I know talking about Boeing is not what should be talked about on this thread. But Dammit. When I worked there we built good A/P's. They shipped their building A/P's down south and the Quality went away also. You have to be proud of what you are building. If you aren't your quality will go to hall.

When I retired 21 years ago I was making 25 bucks an hour. The last time I checked on wages, My pay grade was over 45 bucks an hour. But that's in Washington. Don't know what they pay down south.

Salmo_g

WFF Supporter
Sorry I missed seeing some of you at the show. I made enough laps around the showroom, talked to a few vendors and resort operators and shopped for a couple books and stuff at the Fly Shack. Major manufacturers were conspicuous by their absence, unfortunately. Leland's right; there really needs to be more to attract a larger NW audience.

DennisE

Topwater and tying.
I think Joe R's (Reds) DIY Yakima presentation gets better (and better attended) each year. Picked up some Tungsten beads and a few other items at the Fly Shack. Scored some Semperfli micro chenille for Euro nymph hotspots. Other than that, got my step count up and visited with a few people.
Big E Ales was ok, but not great. Sat and talked with a guy who was a traveling nurse for quite a while, then it was time to head for the barn.
Overall, glad I went.

flybill

Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!
WFF Supporter
I just went on Saturday morning and had fun.. 3 hours was enough, and I got to see Dov, Yolanda, Mia Sheppard, Roper, Lex Story, Whitey and so many others. Rejoined the FFF, and was tempted on the Norvise deal and a Tenkara rod, but wasn't really looking for gear.. I just need to get back out and fish more!!

Ricardo

Went with my son this morning, and I don’t think I have ever seen fewer people than today. It has been going down the hill for some years now, but today it was quite noticeable. The inner pond was literally empty for most of the time, with nobody casting or trying rods between the demos! The two seminars we went in were sort of lame, with the one about small creeks so bad that I left after 15 min. What saved the show for me today was the tiers downstairs. I talked to them for a long time, got some good new ideas for some patterns, and learnt quite a few about feather types for wet flies and nymphs. The show is aiming more and more towards the rich fisherman that is looking for exclusive trips and expensive destinations. There are even more destination theaters than seminar rooms! You can still get some value out of it, but it is getting more difficult with every new year.

Irafly

Indi "Ira" Jones
WFF Supporter
Sorry I missed seeing some of you at the show. I made enough laps around the showroom, talked to a few vendors and resort operators and shopped for a couple books and stuff at the Fly Shack. Major manufacturers were conspicuous by their absence, unfortunately. Leland's right; there really needs to be more to attract a larger NW audience.
I just went on Saturday morning and had fun.. 3 hours was enough, and I got to see Dov, Yolanda, Mia Sheppard, Roper, Lex Story, Whitey and so many others. Rejoined the FFF, and was tempted on the Norvise deal and a Tenkara rod, but wasn't really looking for gear.. I just need to get back out and fish more!!
How the heck did you guys miss me? I was at the book store all day both days?

David Loy

Senior Moment
I came, I saw and I went, with only $15 spent.
(a first)
One vendor I know is pushing another Bellevue show.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts