2020 NW Expo

GAT

Dumbfounded
Back when the Expo was held in Eugene, I'd do my demonstration tying during the morning and in the afternoon, me and the guys would hit the McKenzie for the March Brown hatch. The hatch normally came off around 2:00 so it worked out perfectly. The Expo in the morning and fishing in the afternoon. We had some very good days.

pond monkey

Back when the Expo was held in Eugene, I'd do my demonstration tying during the morning and in the afternoon, me and the guys would hit the McKenzie for the March Brown hatch. The hatch normally came off around 2:00 so it worked out perfectly. The Expo in the morning and fishing in the afternoon. We had some very good days.
I miss Eugene....we lived there 39 yrs before moving Portland ( to be near our kids and grankids)....
Since I was self employed, I fished the MB hatch about 4 days per week....and then Crane or Wickiup on Fridays through the season....

Davy

I agree with that , 2:00 used to be almost magic ! I used to get down in that corner under the Mac I-5 bridge for the March Brown hatches, but they have rebuilt it and I believe it is inaccessible now from land, Dave and I used to go there and fish that deep hole with some big streamers as well. There were some brutes lived in there. Might be able to get there from the boat launch upstream of I-5 ( not the park) if thats still there .

GAT

Dumbfounded
I haven't been to Armitage since they made the changes. That was one of my favorites places to fish the Mac and during the summer, I'd drive down from Corvallis to fish the evening hatches. It was usually a race to get back to the rig before the locked the park gates. Guess that's just another memory these days.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts