Sage Light Line Rod Info List

Cardstock

Because I wasn't able to find everything in one place and something sadistic about me likes spreadsheets. I am fascinated by the breath of the Sage Light Line Series. So, through lots of internet searching, I've compiled a relatively comprehensive list of all the Light Line rods sage has made. I know it has a few things missing. Just figured I'd share with anyone who is interested. I've also got a much less complete Sage SP/SP+/SPL/SPL-CA sheet started for anyone interested.

As far as the Graphite ll and Graphite lll year ranges I've come up with them being listed as such
Graphite ll were all two piece rods from 1987 to 90
Graphite lll followed and were in the catalogs from 1991 - 1999

If anyone sees any glaring omissions or things that are incorrect, please let me know.
The couple things the internet seems to not let me track down are:
1. Does a 3 wt. 6'-9" LL rod actually exist? I can't remember where I stumbled on the possibility, but I haven't found much to back it up.
2. Similarly does the 463-2 actually exist.
3. Weight for the 481-2
4. If they do exist number of pieces and weights for the 369 and 463(-2?)

lightline.JPG

Last edited:

Cardstock

I posted scans of my 1989 catalog a couple years ago. Find it here:

linky
Rad thanks! So then does anyone know if 89 was the last year of Gll? Funny how it doesn't seem like the posted weights changed much/at all between what I found listed for the Glll rods in the 91 catalog I found online

creekx

Director of Stoke
Rad thanks! So then does anyone know if 89 was the last year of Gll? Funny how it doesn't seem like the posted weights changed much/at all between what I found listed for the Glll rods in the 91 catalog I found online
Does the '91 catalog describe the LL's as "new" with Graphite III? If not I suspect it was '90 when they switched.

Cardstock

Does the '91 catalog describe the LL's as "new" with Graphite III? If not I suspect it was '90 when they switched.
See, now that is actually using brain power, I blame spreadsheets for sapping all my necessary functioning brain capacity. If you give it a look, the 1991 catalog uses the words "manufactured for the first time this year" Thanks for making me pay attention.

Funny thing is, a lot of the text in the 91 catalog is the same as the 89...

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts