The ultimate spey reel.

circlespey

The drag on the new one seems good. It’s not as noisy as previous generations but still makes some noise. The handle, however, is now far too small. Much worse to grip when reeling, it was far better In the old mkii and mkiii.

Onnit

Very cool ! I’ve been looking for a new reel my self and have the 8-11 loop classic in mind but I was also recommended this brand as well.
I've got a Loop Classic. REALLY GREAT reel. I've also got the Cascapedia.. meh. Probably will sell it. It's a fine reel, There are just better reels out there IMHO. My buddy - who's a Hardy lover - bought one, and now wants the Loop Classic instead... just not thrilled. I bought a Speyco for $500. REALLY like it. Good luck in your search.

Brian St

85 percent of the reels I own are spey reels. They range from hardy vintage reels to Hatch and Saricione and a single loop 8/11 classic that I love. If Hatch did a classic S handle reel it might be the ultimate? Its been talked about for awhile now it's even been drawn up in cad. I personally would love to see it happen.

long_rod_silvers

85 percent of the reels I own are spey reels. They range from hardy vintage reels to Hatch and Saricione and a single loop 8/11 classic that I love. If Hatch did a classic S handle reel it might be the ultimate? Its been talked about for awhile now it's even been drawn up in cad. I personally would love to see it happen.
Wait! Hatch might do an S handle!? Whoa.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts