Trip Report High Life in the Low Country

cdnred

Nice fish. Is it all salt water fishing that you do or do you do some fresh water also..? Love the Carolinas and all that warm weather..

Prickly Claire

I live in Asheville, so I do a lot of trout and smallie fishing. Some carp. Some musky. Have fishing buddies in Eastern NC where we chase largies in natural lakes. Lots of options for me. Variety is the spice of life.

freestonebound

If it swims I'm interested.
I live in Asheville, so I do a lot of trout and smallie fishing. Some carp. Some musky. Have fishing buddies in Eastern NC where we chase largies in natural lakes. Lots of options for me. Variety is the spice of life.
I love the V wake when a musky, pike, or chain pickerel ambushes your fly. My heart is beating fast just thinking about it right now!

Prickly Claire

I love the V wake when a musky, pike, or chain pickerel ambushes your fly. My heart is beating fast just thinking about it right now!
The best musky fishing here is small stream stuff, as far as this sort of thing goes. Maybe 50' average width through the money stretch. Trout stream clear water (and it is a trout stream, I've moved some monstrous browns and caught my PB slinging the musky stick through there), so you see the 'skis the moment they light up and start moving on a fly. It's definitely a big adrenaline rush.

Gary Thompson

dirty dog
Nice, pics and report.
I'm with ya on the cold gray skies of winter.
I moved from central WA to Southern OR and had a much happier winter.
The only sad part is I won't get my resident fishing lic until next month.

Rogue Fanatic

One of the things I remarked on when fishing back east, (FL, NC, SC, VA) is how easy the regs are to read and follow. I picked one up when I was buying a tag and it was all of 15 pages. I was like "where's the rest of it?"

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts