Estate Sale Score??

Travis Bille

655536FE-D53E-49B0-AA98-57B2BA905C19.jpeg up at a pre-estate sale (I think the fella died but the official estate sale hadn’t started). I went there for a craigslist post about crab boxes. There was a ton of shit around to rummage through, and I I found this old Hardy Sunbeam 7/8. I paid $25 for it, a few knives, and a fish scale. Not from the body, but a device to weigh ling cod and such.

good buy??
F5EE2C74-5588-4535-B34A-688BEC71D826.jpeg

12A1C0B2-B4A4-42FE-BFD0-2D23FD70E7E7.jpeg 8B2A105C-46A8-41EB-8F7A-9DC46215FD45.jpeg

Greg Armstrong

WFF Supporter
Looks like it has two agate line guides, making it reversible left or right hand wind. It also looks like the pawl (one on the left) needs to be pressed back into the stantion a bit so it doesn't fall out and get lost.

Good find!

Yard Sale

Huge Member
Score! Looks like the rivet on the lower left outside lost its head. You'll want to get that fixed or else it will rub against the spool and gouge it. Ask me how I know.... :oops:

Tacoma Red

I have many of these really great reels in the 5/6, 7/8, and 9/10 sizes. Although the rim shows much wear, for $25 it was a great find. It’s very easy to change from RHW to LHW.

para_adams

Looks like it has two agate line guides, making it reversible left or right hand wind. It also looks like the pawl (one on the left) needs to be pressed back into the stantion a bit so it doesn't fall out and get lost.

Good find!
Greg points out a fascinating thing - two agate line guards on a Hardy. I don't know much but I've never seen that before.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts