Sweet floating streamer line: what do you like?

Bigfatrod

Good recs. K Smith I really like the sound of the Airflo Nymph. If it doesn't float that high, prob not that big of a deal for the streamer, maybe for the mouse. Airflo Streamer and Rio Outbound also sound promising. I do like the durability of Airflo lines, Rio not so much. A lot to consider!

I've never really had an issue with AF lines not floating well.

Old Man

A very Old Man
WFF Supporter
I seemed to have lost something. You all talk about tapers as an everyday subject. I seem to be lost in what they are. I just buy a fly line because I like the colors, because they are easy to see with my old eyes. Somewhere along the line of fly fishing I lost out on what is talked about. I've been throwing flies around for 60 some years. Never worried what the taper was.

kmudgn

Way over thinking the "problem" here. Just about any quality floating line will work for your streamer fishing. You pick what you like. The bigger issue is rod/line weight matching the size & weight of the streamer.

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Way over thinking the "problem" here. Just about any quality floating line will work for your streamer fishing.
That is certainly true, but I personally like having specialty lines designed for specific fishing applications or types of fishing that make things easier.
We've never had it so good as far as choices go in regards to equipment, be it lines, rods etc to fit every budget.
SF

tackleman

My experience suggests that your leader construction will have a lot to do with being able to cast 'streamers' with any floating line that matches your rod.
Since most streamer fishing is done by casting the fly into a location where drift line and sink time are important components to success, I don't expect my line to do more than carry the load and turn it over.

cdnred

Way over thinking the "problem" here. Just about any quality floating line will work for your streamer fishing. You pick what you like. The bigger issue is rod/line weight matching the size & weight of the streamer.
I agree, very well said..

P-FITZ98

I have outbound short lines in 8 and 10 weights and have been happy with the performance for bigger stuff

Nick Clayton

WFF Supporter

Yup, and any old rod will work. And any old screwdriver will work as a pry bar. And any old doctor can treat cancer. And any old mechanic can work on a Ferrari.

No need to specialize ever. :rolleyes:

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts